ATS - MPSSs a mixed but most good experience.....

sipar69

So...had a full set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports put on the car today. Went with ATS because a) best price available in my area by some margin and b. few minutes away from me. I had looked into Event Tyres, but they absolutely refused to budge on the price of the rears (about £80 more than ATS).

I was aware that some people have had bad experiences with damaged rims etc, so I made sure I got an assurance from the manager that they would use rim protectors (I watched them).

On the plus side, the ATS guys were friendly and efficient; most importantly they fitted the tyres with absolutely no damage to the rims, nuts etc whatsoever...

The only downside was that I'd also booked the free alignment check but it turned out that the computer didn't have the settings for the 370Z!! Of course, it had them for the 350. It's not a big deal, as I'll probably get spacers fitted soon and have the alignment checked then, but it's a bit duff that a car that's been for sale for about 5 years doesn't appear on their system. I've had a similar experience with a website selling wiper blades - (I managed to get them to add the 370 to the site.)

Overall I would use my local ATS again and I'm going to see if I can get something done about the alignment data issue.

As for the tyres - my Bridgestones were pretty shot and even on the very short and careful trip back home the MPSSs felt so different in a very good way! :)

Edited by sipar69

A local supplier was cheaper than camskill and the rest etc?

Good to hear its sorted :thumbs:

With the MPSSs, the rear tyres seemed to be quite a lot more than ATS with a lot of suppliers (not so for the Goodyear Eagle Aysmetric 2s that I was also considering).

Will post some more impressions when the tyres have had some time to settle in. First impressions definitely very good. :)

I used a local National tyres place when I had my tyres done again as they were the cheapest. I was actually suprised they delivered really good service! I guess each shop in a chain can be just as good/bad as an indie... unless we're talking quick fit of course.

I used a local National tyres place when I had my tyres done again as they were the cheapest. I was actually suprised they delivered really good service! I guess each shop in a chain can be just as good/bad as an indie... unless we're talking quick fit of course.

I think that's right. It's easy to write all high street places off as muppets but they probably vary from place to place. I found actually talking to them first and making it obvious to them that I wanted them to be very careful with my alloys helped a lot.