Key fob issues.

paul84

I've been having a pretty annoying problem with my 370Z the last few months...

When I press the button on the door to lock/unlock the car often nothing happens. To overcome this I need to take the key fob and hit the unlock button on this. Slightly less frequently than this I have a similar issue with the car not starting. With my foot on the clutch I hit the start button but I get the message on my display saying "no key". Again, to overcome this I take my key fob and hit the unlock button then try to start the car again... This always seems to work!

I've changed the battery and tried my spare key but nothing seems to make any difference. I left it with my local dealership for a couple of days but they never got this problem which is very frustrating because it happens all the time with me now! They obviously can't fix anything if they can't see the problem but has anyone else had this issuer got any tips?

Cheers in advance.

The recall has been done but this issue started just before the car was recalled.

Just before my car went in for the new steering lock motor I couldn't get it to start one day and had to be toed to my garage. This is when the steering lock was done. I'm not sure if its all linked one way or another or if my keys need re-programmed.