CALLING Z ROADSTER OWNERS IN MANCHESTER/ NW AREA?!

James Junior

Morning!

As some of you are aware I am gearing up to purchase my first Z. I was looking at the coupe initially but on driving to work yesterday morning with my T-bar roof off in the MR2 with a grin on my face all the way, I began to have concerns about buying a hard top.

I am comfortable wih my sexuality and thick skinned enough to weather the 'hairdresser' comments so this is a viable option for me I think.

So I have a request to any Roadster owners out there in the Manchester area:-

Fancy meeting with me somewhere and showing off your car?

I often drive Snakes pass and Woodhead pass in the MR2 - if anyone fancies a drive up that neck of the woods this weekend and would care to meet me there, I'll throw in a free lunch at the Snake Pass pub (or whatever its called) plus the opportunity to have a play in my frankly slightly bonkers MR2 turbo.

Please PM me if interested - cheers

JJ

Morning!

I am comfortable wih my sexuality and thick skinned enough to weather the 'hairdresser' comments so this is a viable option for me I think.

JJ

I wouldn't worry about 'hairdresser' comments. If you want those, buy a TT. All you need to worry about with the Z is the amount of attention you'll be getting :)

Sorry, can't help you with the meet..... It's a bit far for me

If you have no success I'm getting a roadster on the 14th so you can pop along and see one close up and I'll take you up the road in it if I'm not mowed under with customers :yahoo:

I'm just at the end of the M66, between Rawtenstall and Bacup.

I do agree that the Roadster looks a bit wrong with the roof up but on a sunny day there is nothing more glorious than having the sun on your face and no roof above your head!

I may yet change my mind and settle for a coupe, though having not seen the roadster in the flesh yet I am in no position to make an informed decision.

Jacko - thanks, I may take you up on that offer yet. My only test drive of a Z coupe was with a Nissan salesperson sat in the passenger seat, would be nice to take a passneger ride with you so you could show me what the car can really do.

Dan - thanks mate, I might come and pay you a visit after the 14th then if its not too much trouble. Would be nice to take a closer look.

Is there a major performance difference between the two cars? Does the roadster suffer from loss of torque? Evo state the rag top to be around a second slower 0-60 if I remember correctly?

In reality it makes very little, if any difference. On the recent Wales drive Hanel (roadster) was behind me and we accelerated hard from about 30 onto the motorway, he was right with me all the way.

my Z does 5.7 to 60 thanks very much B)

Course it does ;)

wanna bet? how much?

Digsy I'll have you on too. How much? go on, i need some money for my holidays..... (AndyC will know why I'm so confident, and Chris too if he remembers ;) )

:lol: just read AndyC's reply. Doesn't matter, was an extremely hot day and that hampered the performence big time anyway. Plus I had quite a lot of fuel on board.

Anyway Digsy and Sarnie, £100 each that i can prove to you guys my Z does 5.7 0-60? put up or shut up? :rule::bleh:

my Z does 5.7 to 60 thanks very much B)

Course it does ;)

wanna bet? how much?

Digsy I'll have you on too. How much? go on, i need some money for my holidays..... (AndyC will know why I'm so confident, and Chris too if he remembers ;) )

:lol: Where did I say I doubted you, mate!

Jacko - thanks, I may take you up on that offer yet. My only test drive of a Z coupe was with a Nissan salesperson sat in the passenger seat, would be nice to take a passneger ride with you so you could show me what the car can really do.

James, yeah just let us know...... sure one of us can oblige depending on where you are etc......

As for wind in your hair..... get a lovely lady to blow in your hair while you ragging a coupe! ;):teeth:

If I had the spare cash and another garage, Id have our convertible back in a flash.

If it werent for the fact that myself and Tracy really didnt take advantage of the convertible, we would probably still have one today.

The convertible is a head turner, and according to some rather drunken ladies that were passing comment whilst myself and Jacko were cleaning the cars at the Holiday Inn on Sat evening, the convertible is what you want if you are on the pull. :blush:

It felt evey bit as solid as the coupe does, perhaps a little less lively over uneven ground, but certainly as much fun.