Engine "wobble" when changing gear??

MattyV6

Hi all,

Bit of a strange one, that has always happened since I've owned my Zed (coming up to 2 years now).

When accelerating normally under normal driving conditions, when I change gear sometimes you can hear the engine revs fluctuate and the rev needle itself actually wobbles up and down a bit. Its almost as if you've done a really bad gear change to too high a gear or something, even if you havent. Its hard to explain.

However... when driving the car flat out and changing gear, its absolutely fine. I think the rev needle still wobbles a bit for some reason but the engine note doesnt fluctuate, it just pulls hard.

The car has had a brand new (Exedy) clutch fitted in the past year and a new LUK DMF as well as I suspected these were the cause. Unfortunately this made no difference! :( The car is currently on 103,000 miles and I bought her on 80,000.

Any idea what this could be? I'd love to get it fixed :)

Yeah that might not be a bad idea. I did mention it to my garage before and they thought it could be something to do with the diff. Said they owned a few cars before with similar problems and its more hassle than its worth to fix. They didn't properly look into it tho. I was just wondering if this was something anyone else had experienced with a Zed.

I'm based in Devon :)

• 2 months later...

had something similar but it was because my idling speed was too high - so around town the revs would surge when i declutched - really annoying and it made for very jerky progress - a pedal dance seems to have really improved things

Oh crap I forgot about this thread... lol

I still need to take that video to explain it a bit better. I hope its a fixable thing. I've been living with it since I got the car but it would be much nicer if it was fixed. Not to say she doesn't drive nice I just want her to be perfect :D

• 2 weeks later...