Feathering on tyres?

JohnUKVetteNut

Hi ( Car is JDM 2005)

Checking out my pad wear yesterday I noticed that both my rear tyres only were feathering ( only slightly) on the inside edge ?

Any ideas? fronts were fine. Tyres are Avon zz3 with 6mm tread. I think that you may call it cupping as another name for this?

Any help appreciated

JohnUKVetteNut :)

OK thanks...seems the way to go.

Anyone know in the Norwich area of a good 4 wheel alignment place? Previous car was a Corvette and gave up locally getting a good job and ended up in Kent at Corvette centre ( Claremont). Admitted Corvette,s are pigs to align as everything is adjustable. I am hoping that the Z,ds are straightforward. Will post when sorterd. Thanks for guidance. :)

JohnUKVetteNut

Hi John,

As said its worth getting a proper geometry set up. I've tried several places over the years (not in the Zed yet though) and the only one I would recommend is Wheels In Motion http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/wheels-alignment.php Unfortunately its a bit of a drive.

Could also be slightly low rear tyre pressures. This would normally wear both inner and outer edges but if you've got a bit of camber on your car it'll effect the inner more.

How many miles does your Zed have? Could very well be a worn bush or two. A geo check should highlight it.

Yes...alignment is next port of call. Car has only done 46K total miles. No damage since import and cant find any signs except front bumper has been proffesionally heated/dent pulled out in 1 small area near grille. Have (also local garage has) looked all over car for me when I 1st got and we both agree all is well.

will post after 4 wheel align and give results.

JohnUKVetteNut