Clutch + Flywheel Problems

Faraz

Decided to replace the clutch and flywheel on the Z for a lightweight unit so I ordered an XTR racing clutch and lightweight flywheel from the US of A. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e12052.m43.l1123/7?euid=fa46f4e82e554759971dc4147ae186e3&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Febaymotors%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D140971734177%26ssPageName%3DADME%3AX%3AeRTM%3AMOTORS%3A1123

Kit came with the following:

• XTR Racing Lightweight Chromoly Racing Flywheel
  • XTR Racing Heavy Duty Pressure Plate
  • XTR Racing Full Face Organic Street Clutch Disc
  • Release Bearing
  • Pilot Bushing

Now, I've had all the parts installed by my mechanic - including a new clutch master cylinder as the old one was seized.

The problem as he tells me is that the clutch is not engaging and does not have enough room for adjustment.

He seems to thing the problem is one of the following:

1. There should be a replacement clutch fork when changing from a dual-mass flywheel (stock) to a solid flywheel like the one I purchased.

2. The is a manufacturing defect with the clutch I received.

Does anyone know if you need to replace the clutch fork when converting to a single-mass flywheel?

If so, what kind do I need?

I think (hope) it's pretty unlikely it's a dodgy clutch and is probably something simple.

Can anyone with any experience with this shed any light?

Thanks in advance.

Must be an issue with the clutch. Line 1 of their auction...

XTR Racing Clutches are direct replacement clutches. It does not require modifications in order to fit on your vehicle

OK, so now check the compatibility list...Yep, every model of 350z from 2003-2007. Contact the seller id say.

The car is a 2005 Roadster with the DE engine.

I contacted the seller posing the same question and he replied with a useless generic answer.

I've researched a little into clutch forks and found that they can bend over time and leave little adjustment in the clutch (sounds familiar!) - The high performance clutches and flywheels apparently put more pressure on the fork and can bend them quicker.

:wacko:

• Like 1