Smelly blowers, not AC

fellsteruk

Ok, so I used an AC OMB on my zed when I got it back in June but noticed that it still had a smell so I used a 2nd one and still I have a smell. Never in all my life has a car taken more than one bomb to keep it smelling clean.

Long story short I think it's the blowers itself as the smell only occurs in the first 2mins when I start the car as soon as the AC kicks in the smell is gone "my AC is always on, never goes off"

So the other day after driving for 30mins "smell free" I shut off the AC to see what would happen and without fail the smell came back, AC on smell goes away, off and it comes back. There must be something within the system causing this rank smell but its not the AC.

Any ideas where the smell could be coming from?

There is another alternative to a bomb. Its a liquid that is sprayed directly down the vents and onto the coil. But I can't remember what its called. The best way to stop it, is to not run he blowers on air recirc. It needs to be set to always bring in fresh air from outside.