Headunit Pre-Outs

SiriusProjects

Right, I have been on the incartec website and ordered the necessary leads for the new Alpine double din headunit I am getting. The headunit does have 3 pre-outs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). I do have a query though. The image of the iso lead shows the red and white phonos for the fronts and the black and yellow phonos for the rears, but where is the phono connector for the subwoofer? I'm assuming it will plug into the pre-out port on the headunit with a phono connector?

Am I missing something? Apologies if this question has already been answered elsewhere.

If you're gonna use the bose speakers and amp it wont be that loud as the bose needs quite a high input. Alot of us mod the speaker output from the headunit into the rcas to make it louder, in which case you wont need to worry about pre outs for now.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're gonna use the bose speakers and amp it wont be that loud as the bose needs quite a high input.

I've got a Pioneer head with 4v pre outs and it drives the OEM amps plenty loud enough. I've also got a SOny head that I've tried too that does have 4v pre out and it works ok but doesn't quite go as loud as it should.

Cheers