Bleeding brakes

stu1986

Hi all

I am confident in changing pads and discs as I have always done them myself, I am looking at getting some new discs and pads all round and also braded hoses.

If I change the lines to braded I will need to bleed the brakes, I have never bled brakes before and don't really know exactly what I need or the best way to do it, I think it's just sounds more daunting than it is.

Can someone please shed me a little light on this please

Many thanks :)

I'd recommend getting a garage to do it. If you're not confident bleeding I wouldn't event think about playing with lines to be honest.

Bleeding the brakes is a two man job and a bit fiddly. There is a set order for bleeding also :thumbs:

Yes you will need to bleed the brakes after replacing the hoses. Take it as an opportunity to put some good quality dot 5 or 4.1 in there while you are at it. Its not a particularly difficult job at all to bleed brakes but you really need 2 people to do it, one to push and hold the brake pedal and one to loosen and tighten the bleed nipple on each of the calipers. You will need - brake fluid (make sure it has not been shaken up!!! IMPORTANT), a jamjar and length of rubber hose to direct the fluid from the bleed nipple to the jar, a correct sized ring spanner for the nipple. Its probably a good idea to wear surgical gloves as brake fluid is nasty nasty stuff!! Wash off immediately if you get it anywhere but into the jar!! I'm pretty sure there will be loads of foolproof guides on the internet. Good luck - its really not that hard to do.

Yes you will need to bleed the brakes after replacing the hoses. Take it as an opportunity to put some good quality dot 5 or 4.1 in there while you are at it. Its not a particularly difficult job at all to bleed brakes but you really need 2 people to do it, one to push and hold the brake pedal and one to loosen and tighten the bleed nipple on each of the calipers. You will need - brake fluid (make sure it has not been shaken up!!! IMPORTANT), a jamjar and length of rubber hose to direct the fluid from the bleed nipple to the jar, a correct sized ring spanner for the nipple. Its probably a good idea to wear surgical gloves as brake fluid is nasty nasty stuff!! Wash off immediately if you get it anywhere but into the jar!! I'm pretty sure there will be loads of foolproof guides on the internet. Good luck - its really not that hard to do.

Have you tried it on either a 350z or 370z? There is more than one nipple on each caliper and there is a set bleeding procedure.

If the master cylinder runs dry when changing the lines that creates an even bigger problem.

I wouldnt recommend doing something like this with such a vital part of a vehicle if they are not very hands on or very experienced with this sort of thing.