Will be looking for an imported 350Z/Fairlady soon...

The Seasider

I am trying to sell a couple of cars at the moment and when one goes, I will be in the market for a JDM 350Z (Fairlady) Coupe - as I want an autobox.

My wishlist is :

Autobox - essential

Black Leather Interior - essential

Good condition - but I'd look at a tired car at the right price

Average Mileage - preferably below 60 000 miles / 100 000Km

Rays Alloys - Ideally

Just about any colour other than sunset

If anyone sees one or knows of one that might be for sale - can you post or PM me.

Cheers

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't import it - it was already in the uk.

Criteria was just about getting a right specced car - a lot of the imports have cloth seats, which are a bit, we'll, crap IMHO !

I love the rays wheels as I've got a set on my roadster - but the new one came with some quite sexy Matt black aftermarket rims and I managed to take the oem jdm 18" wheels off the owner as part of the deal - so I have an embarrassment of riches :-)

I'll tell you what though, my roadster has been pretty well tweaked but the new car feels much more rapid with the auto box - it's a real shame they never offered the slush box in the UK as it is a nice unit.

I might even chop my roadster in to get an auto roadster!

• Like 1

I drive a lot in traffic and I find the high bite point on the z clutch a bit tedious - compared to other cars I drive, but I love most aspects of the zed. Plus, I've never believed that I could change gears better than a computer - and most of the time I'm right! The auto is sublime - so far.

If gurnet would like to post what picture he'd like to see, I'll see what I can do :-)

• Like 1

Yeh old style full auto's were rubbish but these new generation semi auto's are much better I also have a Audi A3 dsg and again it's a good gearbox but when you get close to the red line it changes up for you where as the 350 box lets you take it to and beyond the red line, I love my auto zed I seriously believe if everyone went out in one most people would change there opinion about the auto Zeds.

• Like 1

I was out in the roadster today - in traffic - QED

It's going to have to be a real nice day before I drop the auto coupe for the manual roadster in future!

Only challenge at the moment is getting the coupes air con sorted out - it's defeated my air con engineer at present - but not before we've replaced half the system!

• 3 months later...

I'll treat all of you who are keen to see pics tomorrow when I have washed 'the bookends'

Continuing the gearbox debate into controversial territory - I'd be interested in seeing the performance stats, as I'm convinced the auto would mince my manual roadster (which is decatted, running a jwt air filter and an Abbey remap) in a straight line as it seems so much more eager on the throttle response.

Mind you, the roadster was definitely preferable to a coupe without air con today :-)