Lotus Exige

RSP

I've been thinking about chopping in the Zed for a S2 Exige for a little while now. However, it being a lotus is the big issue putting me off (lack of dealer network, reliability). Would you guys consider it or stick with the Zed?

I've been thinking about chopping in the Zed for a S2 Exige for a little while now. However, it being a lotus is the big issue putting me off (lack of dealer network, reliability). Would you guys consider it or stick with the Zed?

So whats attracting you to the Exige?

well it comes down to the fact that it looks like an evil little bugg*r. I seem to get bored with cars quite quickly (dont get me wrong, i absolutely adore the Zed, i just like change, am even toying with the idea of a 07 zed in black).

well it comes down to the fact that it looks like an evil little bugg*r. I seem to get bored with cars quite quickly (dont get me wrong, i absolutely adore the Zed, i just like change, am even toying with the idea of a 07 zed in black).

You can't knock the performance of the Exige but I could live with the impractibility of it every day :wacko:

Currently having an Elise I can say that living with a Lotus isn't a big problem. If you can get in and out of it, which being honest is a limiting factor, it's a great car. The drive is awesome and I've never felt so connected to another car when it comes to the driving experience. Don't expect any niceties though. If you want it to be a replacement Zed it won't do the job. It is noisier, and assaults the senses and lot more. A mate is about to get an S2 Exige S from his Red Rose TVR T350C - he fell in love with it so the performance is there!

Look cool and are very reliable. It wouldn't be a bad choice. Only other practical point is if you think stone chipping on the Zed is an issue, you ain't seen nothin yet.....! :)

Be warned, they are very focused and can be quite wearing if you are not !

I would guess they would be hard work day in, day out, unless you are always in the mood for a thrash.

I would love one as a toy but not as an everyday car, I would actually prefer an Elise because I love soft tops, but I don't fit :blush:

Be warned, they are very focused and can be quite wearing if you are not !

I would guess they would be hard work day in, day out, unless you are always in the mood for a thrash.

I would love one as a toy but not as an everyday car, I would actually prefer an Elise because I love soft tops, but I don't fit :blush:

Agree, as an everyday car the Lotus would be hard work. No creature comforts that you need for an every day car....VX220 ? ...Exige does look evil though

My ex neaighbour (he moved house last week) bought an exige as his everyday car. He chopped in his Smart Brabus Roadster for it! Must admit the exige was pretty tasty in yellow.

I don't know if I could live with it everyday though personally, I like my air con and leather too much!

My ex neaighbour (he moved house last week) bought an exige as his everyday car. He chopped in his Smart Brabus Roadster for it! Must admit the exige was pretty tasty in yellow.

I don't know if I could live with it everyday though personally, I like my air con and leather too much!

They have air con and leather in almost all cases. ;)