Clutch issues!! 2009 HR

Jo3ly

hi guys, ive seen a few threads on here about clutch issues with slaves cylinders etc and wondered if anyone could shed some light on my current problem...

My Z is a 2009 HR and i boiled the clutch fluid at brands hatch a few weeks back. (pedal didnt return halfway through my 3rd session on track) This was the original fluid and it looked a bit black anyway so just went ahead and bled it. As soon as i loosened the bleed valve on the slave cylinder, the pedal hit the floor. Spent a long while bleeding with no success so trailiered it to a local garage to pressure bleed it for me. I hoped this may be the answer but still no joy. Apparently i need a new clutch master cylinder! Is this really likely on a 2009 with no previous clutch issues, just from trying to bleed the clutch...?

Thanks in advance for any info :)

Joel

it can be a pain getting rid of the air . the way i done mine was take the slave cyl off the gearbox with the hose still conected loosen the bleed nipple hold it so the nipple is at the top press the rod into the cylinder this will force the air out tighten the nipple let the rod come out by its self make sure the fluid is toped up .you are using the slave cyl to suck the fluid through worked a treat on mine.

Very possible. It's a 5 year old car, my slave and master went on my Revup when it was but a mere four years old.

Bleeding the clutch is a pain, but your garage could well be right. Change both slave and master together, the parts are peanuts compared to the labour.

A proper bleed with fresh fluid should sort your issues.

To change the slave on your HR necessitates the removal of the gearbox so you really do not want to go there.

There is a proper procedure for bleeding the clutch so I guess that this procedure was not getting followed.

Alex :)