rear tow eye/hooks/straps

AliveBoy

Morning all! :wave:

I'm starting to do events where you need a tow eye fitted on both the front and back of the car and not just one. What do you guys (and girls!) use?

Obviously I have the standard screw in eye, but for the back I want something a bit better. In the event I'm doing in September one of the requirements is to drift with the back of the car as close to some concrete blocks as possible, now with that sort of thing I don't really want to have the hook hanging out waiting to be ripped off taking the car with it.

I've got a tow strap, but I'm not sure where to fit it; I was thinking bolting it through the rear crash bar and putting a slit in the bumper for it to hang out of. If the worst should happen, would this be strong enough to tow the car for a short period of time?

Thanks,

Matt :)

Edited by Dedman

Concrete blocks? Screw that, last event I went to they used cones for the points, that still ripped peoples rear ends off, a concrete block will send the car the scrappy!

Anyway, tow hooks, I think I seen a banana shaped one that curved under the bumper to the crash beam.

I'm currently working on a method of securing the indicators/numberplate lights to the body so that if the bumper gets touched it won't take anything with it. You have room to play with, but I just don't fancy losing an inch or so of available space :lol: