Veilside Style Carbon Bonnet

moratia

Anyone know where I can get a one of these, been looking for a while but I'm struggling to find people that stock one.

Here's a link with a pic of the one I am looking for

http://seiboncarbon.com/store/products/vt-style-carbon-fiber-hood-for-2002-2006-nissan-350z.html

I've tried MadMotors but they just cancelled my order and put the price up on their site and I don't want to use ebay after being conned by a trader last month.

Any ideas?

Yeah the seibon seems very expensive (£650-£690), I've found a couple of places listing it for less but they all change their prices or don't respond.

I remember looking last year and seeing them for around £100-£150 less, starting to think that prices have shot up.

Yeah the seibon seems very expensive (£650-£690), I've found a couple of places listing it for less but they all change their prices or don't respond.

I remember looking last year and seeing them for around £100-£150 less, starting to think that prices have shot up.

It may well be something to do with the fact that they are hand made, with a very strong, light material which is very expensive. With cheap carbon it goes yellow, you can see the thick resin over imperfections and blemishes. If you buy a cheap bonnet it may well not line up properly and could go yellow within a year or so. Making a carbon body panel well is very hard and expensive as you require a massive autoclave and unlike fibreglass you can't really touch it up to make it fit.

Those bonnets are £130(+/-) cheaper if you take the VAT off the price. A lot of places quote without VAT to make you think it's the cheapest price around, then whack it on when you check out.

Those bonnets are £130(+/-) cheaper if you take the VAT off the price. A lot of places quote without VAT to make you think it's the cheapest price around, then whack it on when you check out.

One of them Being Knight-Racer

One of them Being Knight-Racer

Thought you may well comment on that :lol: