I think I'm going to end up deaf

OV53

Reet!

So after putting a new y pipe on because the old one was blowing, and new cats on because the old ones were blowing, my cobra sports exhaust is still so loud between 2k and 2.5k revs when labouring the engine that it engulfs the entine cockpit in an unbearable drone.

The system is a Cobra resonated one and although is gives off a lovely rasp high up and is no bother low down it just seems that unless I'm on flat or downhill roads it just loves to try deafening me when I need to accelerate from 60 to 70. Now I know that dropping a cog in order to take it to 3k is one way of removing that problem but I'm after a more long term solution.

Is there a chance that part of the system is touching the chassis? Or am I just gonna have to go out and get a DC Sports system? (May take some :ph34r: levels of ghosting in!)

have you got the standard cats fitted? mine has decats and its pretty loud, cant remember exactly though because its been that long since ive driven it :thumbdown:

Yeah the cats are standard. It always seems to be when I'm going uphill (even slightly) and the car has to put a bit of effort in.

Is there a chance that part of the system is touching the chassis? Or am I just gonna have to go out and get a DC Sports system? (May take some :ph34r: levels of ghosting in!)

do it nice or do it twice.

Ha! Don't worry it will be! Every job is always nice when I'm involved.

Looks as if I have solved this issue. I will leave you guys to guess what my choice has been, I will upload pictures mid August when I return! Let's just say the old system is going.....anyone wishing to make me an offer on it feel free to PM me.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lol hope I've chosen the right option, went for the cobra non resonated, just waiting for the delivery.. Can't wait tho! Is this system always loud when under normal driving?

It's just loud between 2k and 2.5k when under load.