Not too happy with my radio reception

Dashurik

Hi,folks!

I got my audio installed few month ago,replaced everything..Happy with the sound ,but not too happy with radio.Cant catch few stations at all,where in my van i has factory radio and it catch anything possible !! In my zed Got jvc head unit, one of the latest models...I guessing that may be ariel need changing(ripspeed from Halfords,installed by previous owner)?! Any suggestions?thanks in advance..

Could very well be the aerial, a lot of the cheaper ones don't seem to pick up a very good radio reception. I can supply you with a Honda RDX Stubby which has gives a very good clear radio reception, supplied loads of these to members on here.

If you click on the stubby link in my signature that will take you straight to them for you to have a look.

Let me know if I can help out :thumbs:

Steve

Edited by Steve 350z

The oem whip gives best reception, and then stubbys 2nd (from what ive read). Probably worth buying a stubby from traders on here. Failing that, its probably the jvc. I had some trouble trying to get receptio on my jvc but oem worked perfectly

The oem whip gives best reception, and then stubbys 2nd (from what ive read). Probably worth buying a stubby from traders on here. Failing that, its probably the jvc. I had some trouble trying to get receptio on my jvc but oem worked perfectly

Same here.

Fine reception on oem and a temp Alpine HU but no FM at all with a Pioneer.

I removed FM and replaced with a DAB aerial. Much better (in my opinion!)

Could very well be the aerial, a lot of the cheaper ones don't seem to pick up a very good radio reception. I can supply you with a Honda RDX Stubby which has gives a very good clear radio reception, supplied loads of these to members on here.

If you click on the stubby link in my signature that will take you straight to them for you to have a look.

Steve

Got very much the same stubby design from Ripspeed....I hope yours will make a difference!😊

Same here.

Dab aerial, im guessinf your headunit needs to have dab capability?

Steve

Got very much the same stubby design from Ripspeed....I hope yours will make a difference!������

If it doesn't then you can send it back and I will give you a refund. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Same here.

Dab aerial, im guessinf your headunit needs to have dab capability?

Yep. I have the Pioneer x3500dab

• 3 weeks later...

+1 on the RS Stubby. Picked up the car last week and on the 150 mile drive home I could only get a very very poor radio 4......Drove me nuts, so the RS Stubby was my first portal of call, it made 500% difference, now I get all my favorites and I never want to hear Radio 4 again........Sorry any 4 listeners out there :D

Previous stubby must of been a cheapo, was literally 1.5" long and did zilch!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bring back a fairly old topic, but I'm just in the process of fitting my Pioneer SPH DA-100. So far I haven't got any radio reception with the factory fitted aerial and aerial cable going into the back. Looking at the above I am assuming this is because it is the standard fitted aerial.

Does this mean I need to purchase a DAB aerial and if i do is it just a simple job of unscrewing the old one and screwing in a new one? I'm on a 53 plate by the way.

Chris