Harness eyelets ?

lmc

For those of you using harness where are you fitting your eyelets for your waist straps?

I was going to use the rear seat mounts but the bolt thread is m10 x 1.25 and they don't seem to make them in this size.

Any help appreciated :thumbs:

On outside I've used seat belt original hole...eyebolts bolts in perfectly! For inner side - I've cut "eye" bit of eye lid and welded it onto original seat mount bolt :) hope that makes sense :)

On outside I've used seat belt original hole...eyebolts bolts in perfectly! For inner side - I've cut "eye" bit of eye lid and welded it onto original seat mount bolt :) hope that makes sense :)

Yes that's what im thinking of doing just wondered if anyone had managed to find an off the shelf solution.

Whatever you do, just remember that you're literally taking your life in your own hands when fitting harnesses/seatbelts. You really, really don't want to be mucking around, so if ever you're not sure then seek professional advice. The stresses you can put through these fixings in the case of a high speed accident are insane.

Not saying either of you would do that, just thinking out loud is all. :)

Whatever you do, just remember that you're literally taking your life in your own hands when fitting harnesses/seatbelts. You really, really don't want to be mucking around, so if ever you're not sure then seek professional advice. The stresses you can put through these fixings in the case of a high speed accident are insane.

Not saying either of you would do that, just thinking out loud is all. :)

Point taken :thumbs:

Im confident in my welding skills but hopefully will never have to put it to the test :teeth:

Edited by lmc