Storing numbers on Handsfree kit - help please?!

rfrancsics

Hi Zedders!

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Have a 54 plate Zed Gt pack uk spec with the BlueTooth Adaptor fitted in the mobile phone cradle in the centre cubby. Have also recently purchased a Sony Ericson K550 with which I can dial out ( "dial number.. the number please... one... one ... three.. three..." etc) and can recieve calls.

However I am unable to get this combo to store numbers so that I can dial with "dial name".

I can get as far as "the name please" for the first time- I then say the name i.e. " My Home." It then asks me to "repeat the name".... then goes dead for 45 secs without allowing me to do anything with the phone/stereo until it eventually puts the phone 'connection' down. All this despite repeating the name ( + followed 10 secs later by some rather severe profanities in a variety of languages.....) :rant:

Anyone have any idea what the prob could be- with thanks

Richard the Red Baron

Chilli GT

You cant dial the name using the "dial name" function, until you have stored the name in the memory of the 350 first (this is seperate to the voice dialing you may have on the phone).

First you need to store the name "my home" as a voice recording.

This thread has an instruction manual, which may be of help:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2713

Sometimes it doesnt start "listening" to you for a brief delay after it has finished speaking. So you might be speaking too quickly. try pausing briefly.

Z: "the name please"

You: pause "my home"

Z: "repeat name"

You: pause "my home"

it should then say

Z: "the number please"

but it does seem to be a bit vague. Also I have had long conversations with it saying

Me: "Dial name"

Z: "the name please"

Me: "Mark"

Z: "Pardon"

Me: Louder "Mark"

Me: Louder still "Mark"

Me: "Mark! how many times do I have to tell you"

Me: "Mark! Mark! F****ing Mark"

Z: "Dialing Susan"

Me: "AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGHHHHHH!"

and so it goes on.......

Once you have said the name for the second time, it should repeat the name to you (in your voice) - it is then that you say "dial".

You don't have to say the name twice as once you say the name the system repeats the name to you and then you say DIAL :thumbs:

:(

tried speaking with pauses......still not able to store numbers. hmm.

begining to think it might be somethingt o do with my particular model of phone (Sony Ericsson k550i)

Worth trying with another phone mate, if that works then you know its your handset. If not then it'll be a faulty bluetooth unit, I've had some experience of this so if it turns out to be that send me a PM and I'll give you some info :thumbs: