Handbrake not biting til the lever is reet at the top

OV53

Alreet!

So the handbrake is a proper pain in the arse and doesn't engage until it's right on the last click. New cable needed? Or new pads? Not home until Wednesday so any advice to help me get a head start would be much appreciated!

Peace

Do it nice or do it twice!

i had to adjust mine a couple of days back, wasnt right to the top like your but was way too high, pull out the ash tray in the centre console and you will see an 8mm nut on a thread, tighten it up with the handbrake off and jobs a gooden. 2 min job

• Like 4

The better way to do it. Is whip the rear wheels off. You will see a black grommet. If you spin the wheel around shining a light through the hole. You should see a spikey wheel (can't think how to describe it) when you see it get your self a bladed screw drive now you have to spin the wheel downwards.

Just put the screw driver on the knotches and turn. Count the clicks do the same the other side.

If you did the 8mm nut right up undo It half way so you have adjustment at the hand break still

• Like 1

Exactly what Pete said. Wind spiky wheel thingy until it stops the hub from turning then wind it back a few notches to ensure the pads are not binding.

Best done with both wheels off the ground as the diff can be quite tight & may even pull the car off a jack :wacko:

i had to adjust mine a couple of days back, wasnt right to the top like your but was way too high, pull out the ash tray in the centre console and you will see an 8mm nut on a thread, tighten it up with the handbrake off and jobs a gooden. 2 min job

going to try this tomorrow