csscallum's 350Z Ownership Thread

csscallum

After being lucky enough to purchase Slimjim's immaculate Zed I thought it was only right to carry on the ownership thread which was extremely interesting and useful to me when I decided to buy it.

I'm very much enjoying the car as it is at the moment but I have a few ideas for what I want to do in the future.

First up I'll soon need 2 new Michelin Pilot Super Sport 2 rear tyres :happy:

Then once the MOT is out of the way in a couple of months I'll be thinking of a new exhaust. Stock just seems too quiet and polite for my liking so I'm currently looking at the Cobra (non-resonated).

:yahoo:

• 1 month later...

Well MOT day has arrived. Due to various reasons I've only just been able to book it in so I'm uncomfortably close to the expiry date.

Sadly it has failed on emissions or on the lambda sensor at least and I've also got a hole in my exhaust (it's the OEM exhaust) :( The garage is running diagnostics this afternoon and letting me know. Although it's probably due to the cat being cool.

Looking at the positive side on things the leak gives me a good excuse to get the Cobra non-resonated exhaust! :lol:

Well MOT day has arrived. Due to various reasons I've only just been able to book it in so I'm uncomfortably close to the expiry date.

Sadly it has failed on emissions or on the lambda sensor at least and I've also got a hole in my exhaust (it's the OEM exhaust) :( The garage is running diagnostics this afternoon and letting me know. Although it's probably due to the cat being cool.

Looking at the positive side on things the leak gives me a good excuse to get the Cobra non-resonated exhaust! :lol:

Please do let us know if we can help with the Cobra Exhaust... :)

Whre are you based? If you temporarily need an OEM exhaust piece just to get through the MOT I'm sure there's someone close to you with 1 hanging around.

I'm based in Lancaster, lovely Lancashire. I'm thinking (hoping) it'll just be because the cat was cold. A quick search through the forum seems to suggest it's a common issue.

I do trust the MOT centre, problem is it's only half a mile away and it was cold this morning. If I had known about the could cat issue people have come across I'd have driven it for a bit first.

The rear tyres are still legal despite doing a few hundred miles. I must be too gentle with them :lol: