Removing Spare wheel

drfeelgood73

I have noticed that all the set up procedures for the suspension etc are to include full tank of fuel and the spare wheel. Looking to put the car on the track and was wondering what the effects on the Z would be with regards to balance and weight ratio without the weight of the spare wheel... Is it worth leaving it in, or removing and getting car set up without it...? Anybody out there have experience of racing theirs....

If you remove it you make the rear lighter, which is going to increase oversteer. Whether that's a bad thing or not depends on what you're trying to achieve.

I used to remove mine on trackdays, but as the car was 80% road based I had the geo done with it in. Suspension settings won't really be altered by anything worth worrying about either with it in or out, so just go with whatever's easier.

Try loosing 50kg out the back, which is what I've done with a carbon boot and no wheel etc. it does make for a lighter back end, but just taking the spare it isn't going to make any difference to handling.

The benefit is you're not carrying weight around unnecessarily.