JDM Auto, very hard shift down to 2nd

car350z

I noticed this a few days ago... usually when using tiptronic and downshifting, it is smooth enough and no problem. However, recently, when shifting down to 2nd, the actual shift is very hard and makes a bit of a noise, just as if the gear was forced really hard. This only happens when the revs in 3rd are lower than for 2nd (which is pretty much always the case, except you're about to stop).

All other downshifts are normal and smooth, and when downshifting to accelerate, there's no problem.

I know that not many people are smart enough to buy an AT ( ;):teeth: ), but is this something I should be worried about? Is the gearbox going? :scare:

The car now has about 95k miles. The AT transmission oil (if I remember correctly) is not meant to be changed. Is this really true? I can't remember though where I read this...

The gearbox oil is supossed to be changed every 60k. I'd get it changed and see if that helps.

Carsten,

Genuine Nissan AT J Fluid in stock if required mate.

Alex. :)

Thanks Dblock, I thought I read somewhere that it was the once-a-lifetime oil type (unless Nissan take 60.000 miles as a lifetime :D)

Alex,

you have pm ;)

Edited by car350z