DrMatt's Red Zed

DrMatt

So during the first rainy day since getting my Z I noticed my rear wiper was made out of a spatula.

Photo31-05-2013192808_zpse59b093b.jpg

I ordered a replacement Bocsh aerotwin from wiperblades.co.uk. (I got the cheapest delivery and they still arrived in 2 days).

Here is a little comparison between the standard wiper blade and the bosch aerotwin one.

Photo31-05-2013192913_zps3d02827c.jpg

After buying this one I noticed Tesco do there own version for half the price which looks almost identical for half the price. (I may have to do a sideby side comparison of those when I replace the front ones.)

Installation was a total of 15 seconds plus 1 minute to get into the packaging.

I think it looks pretty good as a replacement.

Photo31-05-2013193101_zps3d113452.jpg

Now, typically, there has not been a single drop of rain since buying them so I have not had chance to see them work, but at least it looks nice.

On a side note whilst cleaning my engine bay, I note my "completely standard" Zed has what looks to be a grounding kit an a K&N panel filter fitted by one of the previous owners, plus looking through the service history it has the clutch done already which I wasn't expecting (only the fitting receipt not the type of clutch kit so unsure if flywheel changed at same time). I may have to hunt for other changes now....

Here is a repost of the pics from my welcome thread.

a69bc71b-0637-443c-93ab-2b820f4688ee_zps45a659d5.jpg

Photo27-05-2013135230_zps390cdbec.jpg

Photo27-05-2013134858_zps5a2f4fcd.jpg

Photo27-05-2013134845_zpscdccd403.jpg

I was tempted by deleting the rear wiper but given the amount of seagull excrement I have had land on my rear window in 1 week of ownership I can see a practical benefit of it at the moment.

As for Rays, I really like them but I could get these refurbed in the colour that I want for the same price or less.

Sell those for a set of rays, they are so much nicer. Never been a fan of those on a Z, winter or track wheels maybe but they don't look 'special' enough for me imo

Wheels and spacers with a couple other minor touches would make this stand out and look great, never seen a red one personally

Sell those for a set of rays, they are so much nicer. Never been a fan of those on a Z, winter or track wheels maybe but they don't look 'special' enough for me imo

Wheels and spacers with a couple other minor touches would make this stand out and look great, never seen a red one personally

My plans exactly. Wheels and low to set it apart then play with the big toys.

Lovely car mate. Perfect colour too :D