No crash sensor??

Seabee

Hey guys wondering if u can help my airbag light has just come on and the DTC is telling me its a problem with the crash zone sensor I've opened the bonnet and can't seem to see it I can see the bracket that it attaches to but no sensor? Also I cannot find the plug on the loom that it attaches to? Any ideas would be a great help :)

IMG_20130531_104720_zpsee4a5e61.jpg

I wished it was as easy as that the problem I'm finding is that I can't find the wiring loom the crash sensor connected to lol the airbag light suddenly came on and I've owned the car for a year so theres gotta be a sensor somewhere. Does anybody know where the loom starts from maybe I can find it that way

Edited by Seabee

Seabee,

I have already told you by PM this morning that the picture is of your ambient air temperature sensor.

Your car is not equipped with a front crash sensor.

Why are you finding it so difficult to take this on board: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alex. :)

is it normal for one not to be there then? I'm struggling with this lol a simple yes and no will shut me up but won't fix my airbag light lol

What part of "Your car is not equipped with a front crash sensor." do you not understand ?

I have also told you that I would require a code for me to help you further :headhurt:

Now you are telling me that you have an air bag light on. :wacko:

Have you checked the connections below the passenger seat ?

Have you carried out the airbag reset?

Alex. :)

Well I thought you where pointing the obvious because my car doesn't seem to have one equipped from the pictures not in general lol! thanks for clearing that up anyhow I have yet to find a friend with an obd reader that reads airbag faults so I guess I'm gonna need to pay a garage the flash sequence is 2 long flashes followed by 6 short ones, the owners manual tells me that its a crash zone sensor lol

OK one more time:

CHECK THE AIR BAG CONNECTIONS BELOW THE PASSENGER SEAT.

THEN CARRY OUT THE AIR BAG RESET.

If you are still having issues send me over the fault code if there is one stored.

Alex.

Sorry Alex I sprayed some contact cleaner on the seat connectors as well as I know they can be temperamental but this time the code just won't clear I'll have to get it plugged in and checked out I'll provide the code once I get it to the garage

Did it, fault won't clear, thanks though!

check the loom in the back of the seat, you may have a broken wire. I had this. Easy to repair with a bit of solder. Loom is accessible by undoing the zip on the back of the seat cover

Just drive as fast as you can into something solid. The airbag that doesn't go off is the problem. Simples!

On a serious note check as mentioned above the seat connections. I think the airbag ones are yellow.

• Like 3