350Z P3 Infiniti Glasgow/G37 Coupe Review (Excellent all round!)

AMT

Well, thought I'd do a little write up of my first experience with Infiniti in Glasgow! Its not had a service since I bought it and I wasn't so sure what they exactly had done so called up Catrina and was instantly at ease... I started mentioning the P numbers for the servicing schedule and other items and she was already either finishing what I was on about or giving me further info...superb start! Also was calling from my mobile, no no...too expensive, hang up and I'll call you back! Went through some of the details and rough pricing and managed to book a date (depsite me confusing her at times cos I couldn't remember and had to phone back! haha :lol:. Asked about the courtesy car, small fee for insurance...thats fine I said. Asking what it would be... "we usually give the 350 owners the G37 Coupe..." now you start to get an idea of how good the place is with Zeds. Couldn't book it the same week as 2 350's in and the following monday another.

So arrive yesterday afternoon straight after work with a friend to drop mine in and take away the courtesy car. The place looks great, its immaculate, everyones friendly - spoke to Marie who was brilliant too and made it a pleasant, pain free experience. I wasn't waiting for long, just a couple of forms to sign while the copied my driving liscence, David the technician came through and talked to me about what it includes, what I might not need etc No hard selling of possible parts needed, hidden charges etc...brilliant!

So, the car took it home and you cannot believe how smooth it is for the size of its wheels and tyres, its a very comfortable car indeed! Very nice inside, lovely leather, auto everything, radar guided cruise, reverse camera, bluetooth etc etc. Obviously not as tight as the Zed for spirited driving but for a luxury GT it does very well and its fast, without having to worry about clutches etc even just moving away from traffic lights is a rapid experience. Done the usual, took it round to show friends/family, went for dinner in it and it was nothing but excellent in all areas. Only item I would say (and wierd coming from a 3.5 V6 owner) is its very thirsty, the gearbox - when you want it to be in the highest gear possible for a low speed to keep fuel down - usually sits in a lower one. Eg. your doin 30 odds you want 5/6th, should be no issue. Won't go above 4th until you speed up a bit, but besides this a very very nice car,just don't drive too far if its your courtesy car...you'll be filling it up alrite :lol: In the future I would love something like this, nice traits of the Z's character but a bit more grown up and luxurious, it wafts with power. And for the price I seen on one of the boards I thought not bad value. It upstages Audi A5s, BMWs by a mile with its unique looks (still unsure about the back mind you lol). Everyone looks at it. I had it parked earlier for lunch before takin' it back and a girl on top of a double decker bus nearly snapped her neck back and then took a photo! Don't see that often.... lol

Took the car back this afternoon, met Marie and Catrina again at the desk, once again pain free no hassel, took me and my friend through to the immaculate garage part to see David again who showed me underneath the bushes for the banana bar that were needed (already contacted ZmanAlex thank you!), but he advised Nissan would want the full thing changed at £500+ but all I need is the bushes and gave me a labour quote which was excellent, so will be sourcing them from Alex and heading back! (worth noting when it was on the ramp you immediatly notice its already been cleaned so its gleaming!). A very very knowledgable and sound man is David! You always worry about whos working on your car, no such issues here. Once this was done Catrina took me back through to do the payment where they hand you a very nice service booklet with your stuff inside and your stamped manual (the stamps even edge perfect.. lol). After this we were welcomed to look around the very nice showroom and have a seat in the cars (pics below). Everythings in the detail with this place, even when I came out to get my car, David had parked it at an angle next to the nice glass doors and logo (PR maybe? lol) either way looked damn good and yes I took some pics B) lol.

I want to say a massive thank you to David, Catrina and Marie for a brilliant experience and I will be back very soon for those bushes to be put on haha. Thanks again guys and for everyone in the Scotland area that can get to them, you want to take your Z there, really you do... for someone whos as paranoid as me about my car, made me feel very at ease! :thumbs:

2013-05-30173403_zps61111468.jpg

2013-05-30172153_zps17bda82f.jpg

2013-05-30172400_zps5cdbdba9.jpg

2013-05-30172629_zps84efcce9.jpg

2013-05-30172622_zpsf5348ae1.jpg

2013-05-30163922_zpsce140ed0.jpg

2013-05-30164025_zps88d6b4da.jpg

2013-05-30154742_zpse516f067.jpg

2013-05-29195124_zps434b2e9a.jpg

2013-05-29172740_zps0654066b.jpg

2013-05-30012438_zps1a5b8ec3.jpg

Hold on a minute... I've always been raving about Infiniti Glasgow (well not so much on the forum) of how spectacular the service is, how awesome the showroom looks and how knowledgeable the staff are (David the tech man & Catrina the lovely lady) but never in my visits have I been invited to the garage to see the work that's been carried out on my car, nor have I been given a courtesy car :thumbdown: ....

You my friend, I am jealous of the "service" you received :dry:

in saying that, they did park my car the cool way as yours did in the pic, and your regy plate looks similar to mines so... I forgive you's

I asked for a courtesy car so don't think its automatic unless you ask? And theres a good chance it was me as theres barely any about and I did go few runs about in it with friends lol (but all within the mileage your limited to lol).

Good to here of a decent dealer....most (including Audi / BMW) are sh*t.

Only one I had anytime for was Lexus......until I found they had sold me a bummer (a 2 year old car with no service history from new.....and therefore no engine warranty from Lexus :scare: :scare: )

I will certainly consider Infiniti for next service....although wont take the wife. Think she might like the G37!!!

I asked for a courtesy car so don't think its automatic unless you ask? And theres a good chance it was me as theres barely any about and I did go few runs about in it with friends lol (but all within the mileage your limited to lol).

Oh I've asked for one as the last time they had my car for the whole day. Booked it in for a P2, MOT & new disks and pads fitted all round. Maybe they started lending folk cars now rather than before?