The Motorcycle Thread

14N

I need to get a ride on the superduke to see how it compares to my TL.

The misses rides too shes got a Aprillia Rs125, shes getting her test done this year which will be great so we can have 2 great bikes :)

IMG00544-20110715-1928_zpsd52f505f.jpg

• Like 1

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

someone like to go fast..... lol

10r, Superduke, RS4, Evo...... ;)

Just toys really....

Car list for last few years...a couple of scoobies, R33GTR (450hp), S4(v8), Golf GTI (270hp), RS4 (standard), ISF (V8 standard), Evo8 (400hp) and now a (slowish) 350z.

Cant decide whether I like cars or bikes better..LOL.

• Like 1

Its nice having the best of both worlds ;) I have to say though the last R1 I rode, model before the crossplane jobbie was unbelievabley fast! scary fast! too much for lil old me!

Anyone been watching ITV4 at 21:00 this week some great TT programs. It amazes me the skill level of those riders.

Edited by dErZ
  • Like 1

Its nice having the best of both worlds ;)

Have a go on a superduke....you'll either love it or hate it, no inbetween. Like a big toy compared to most bikes I have ridden. Doesn't feel that fast but handles amazingly. A few mods (to sort fueling), and its a perfect town bike. Your TL1000 will be faster outright (a great engine)....but throw in a few corners!!! :D

Edited by aidan

Anyone been watching ITV4 at 21:00 this week some great TT programs. It amazes me the skill level of those riders.

Never been to the TT, but watch it (and the run up) on TV. Amazes me every year at the jaw-dropping skill of the riders. Also find it great that when the riders take their helmets and leathers off, they're (mostly) your average Joe.

Hislop, Hutchinson, Jeffries and of course, Guy Martin. The list goes on. Legends

• Like 1

i would love to have loads of different bikes but im 6ft 4 and big boned (thats my excuse and im sticking to it!) so the ZX12 suits me perfectly... keep toying with going back to a twin as i really like the look of the RSVR but i just fit the 12 so well..........

Have a go on a superduke....you'll either love it or hate it, no inbetween. Like a big toy compared to most bikes I have ridden. Doesn't feel that fast but handles amazingly. A few mods (to sort fueling), and its a perfect town bike. Your TL1000 will be faster outright (a great engine)....but throw in a few corners!!! :D

Ive sorted the handling by replacing the rear rotory damper with a '08 R1 shock. The front has been spruced up with gsxr 750 forks with new radial calipers too ;) handles brilliantly and stops like a bastid. I had it mapped the other day as I was worried the fueling wasnt right after Id fitted the full akra system and done some airbox mods. It only made 123bhp so thats nothing compared to todays bikes. It annoys me though that I cant flick it up onto the back wheel just off the throttle so Ill be putting a larger sprocket on the back when its time for a chain change :)

• Like 1

i would love to have loads of different bikes but im 6ft 4 and big boned (thats my excuse and im sticking to it!) so the ZX12 suits me perfectly... keep toying with going back to a twin as i really like the look of the RSVR but i just fit the 12 so well..........

Im 6.4....and the wife used to take the ****...stating I looked like a meerkat on the Superduke. So sold it and bought a R1. So much for slowing down!!! Her fault. Although to be fair, the R1 does suit the bigger rider better. Had a sit on the new Tuono....its even smaller than the Superduke.

Ive sorted the handling by replacing the rear rotory damper with a '08 R1 shock. The front has been spruced up with gsxr 750 forks with new radial calipers too ;) handles brilliantly and stops like a bastid. I had it mapped the other day as I was worried the fueling wasnt right after Id fitted the full akra system and done some airbox mods. It only made 123bhp so thats nothing compared to todays bikes. It annoys me though that I cant flick it up onto the back wheel just off the throttle so Ill be putting a larger sprocket on the back when its time for a chain change :)

Wheelies off the throttle??? You want a mildly tuned 2005 ZX10R.....totally mental, makes you chuckle a bit.

Thats what riding is all about for me. Im not fussed about going fast everywhere. I enjoy 'chuckling' when out on the bike ;)

Your right the 4xv R1 I had was my most comfy bike, wish I hadnt sold it.

Never been to the TT, but watch it (and the run up) on TV. Amazes me every year at the jaw-dropping skill of the riders. Also find it great that when the riders take their helmets and leathers off, they're (mostly) your average Joe.

Hislop, Hutchinson, Jeffries and of course, Guy Martin. The list goes on. Legends

I forgot that Foggy was massive at the TT. I use to love watching him ride WSB. Ah the good old days.

Great to see Connor cummins back on the bike after such a bad accident at the Veranda.

• Like 1