CEL TCS and Slip light. Code 345?

HmmBen

A couple of hours earlier I felt the throttle cut out for about 1 second, then carried on normal after I played with the pedal. Then I had these lights come on last night on the way home, tried turning the car off and on (took longer to start) and the stayed on but it drove fine.

I assumed this was throttle related but after eventually getting the flash codes it was 345? After a google this is the CMP phase sensor. Whether its crank or cam I dont know.

Does this sound right? I was kind of hoping it was a TB or MAF Clean jobby.

Cheers

Ben

Edited by HmmBen

Was the slip light on as well?

If so it sounds like traction control kicked in - (that would be the engine cut)

The code should not relate to the slip light really?

Before you start spending get a decent code reader on the car, I had an issue with a coil pack but my reader was throwing up crank or cam sensors. I then used a decent snap on reader with pointed to cylinder 5 (from memory), I changed the pack with a replacement from Z Man Alex and all was well. I was also getting the same cel lights as you've mentioned!

Was the slip light on as well?

If so it sounds like traction control kicked in - (that would be the engine cut)

The code should not relate to the slip light really?

Yeah the slip light (skid mark icon) was on perminant aswell. It might of felt a bit slower but I had been toying with cruise control earlier in the day to so its just drawing me back to the TB.

Ive been turning the traction off most of the time anyway as it seems quite sensitive when changing gears a bit quickly and cuts in. But this was fine. Just stopped at the traffic lights and had a christmas tree light up on my dash. The rev's did rise and fall on their own at idle as well.

Dave: Unfortunately I'm a few days late of having access to a snap on scanner so I just done the pedal dance. I didnt hear or feel a misfire at all.

Edited by HmmBen

I have had all the lights come up before but they go off on an engine restart - I wonder if you have 2 things going on at the same time.

Are you based near anyone with a code reader?

More of an update. Cleaned the MAF and TB without moving the butterfly. Let the car Idle for 10 minutes and and it cut out. Sooo might well be Crank sensor. Any idea where it is near the flywheel?

0345 is the camshaft position sensor bank 2.

I've just had a problem with the bank 1 sensor (code 0340.)

I found it would drive fine when cold but some time after it warmed up there would be a brief loss of power followed by power returning with the TCS and slip lights.

There was a recall in the USA over a similar issue but not in the UK. http://repairpal.com/nissian-crankshaft-and-camshaft-sensor-recall-475

I bought the sensor from ZMANALEX and swapped it in. So far no return of the problem.

Sounds exactly the same ,albiet mine was delayed between the pause in power and the lights coming on.

I'll get onto Zmanalex and hold my breathe at the price.

Thanks

Out of interest which side is Bank 2 as I look at the engine? I can see the connectors easy enough looking down the back of the engine.

There was a small delay in the lights coming on for mine as well.

Under the throttle body, ask Alex what you need to remove to get at it.

Look here for a diagram:

http://www.justanswer.com/nissan/4iitb-nissan-datsun-350z-touring-show-cam-shaft-sensor.html

ZMANALEX was about £10 cheaper including postage than Nissan for the bank 1 sensor

Edited by Mack