Wheel repair

Wayne370Z

Not had it 3 months yet and managed to curb the front n/s wheel last Saturday. Couldn`t believe it, the RCZ`s hadn`t a mark on them in almost 2 years. It was only a small light scuff to the outside edge of the rim but obviously I was gutted and having seen a few topics on here about colour matching, concerned as to if anyone would be able to match the strange dark grey/brown/anthracite/gun metal, or, whatever colour it looks in the light at the time, of the GT Edition wheels. I mention it on here to say what a great job Smart Auto Repairs have done. Found them on the internet, originally, when I needed the bumper on the RCZ repairing due to some ones inability to park on a car park without hitting the other cars around them and, needless to say, then doing one without any thought to the damage they had caused. Anyway, the chap who covers the Manchester area came this morning, had it done in an hour and has done a great job for just £55. No more signs of any damage at all and no mismatch of the paint colour. Looks just like a new wheel again. Well pleased.

• Like 1

That's good then. The problem I had in the past getting a good match was when a whole wheel was done - looked darker than the rest. Seems that some refurb people struggle with the shade but there are definitely members on here who have been happy with their results. I'm happy with the colour I had mine redone in as it goes well with the car, but I can understand that not everyone wants to do that (and its more expensive!)