scary tyre wear

Simon+Kat

I finally found some cash to do a few things to the Z, last week i had a Scorpion pipe fitted at my Dads garage. While it was up on the ramp I noticed the inner side of the front nearside tyre was badly worn and when i looked closer there was an actual gash about an inch long :scare: . Needles to say I mostly used the bike this week whilst waiting for the tyres I ordered to turn up. Turned up yesterday and I got one of my Dads lads to fit them for me, 4 lovely looking Vredestien Ultrac Sessantas :in_love: . They also checked and adjusted the tracking and alignment.

I havn't driven that far on them yet but I can report so far that turn in seems much more positive and rapid, and road noise seems reduced. I'm looking forward to a 'spirited' dive soon to asses grip.

Its a good thing to get the car up on a ramp or similar now and again i guess, 'cos id never have seen the damage to the tyre otherwise.

the damage...

20130510_144325_zpsf9cd1c9e.jpg

New lovelyness...

20130510_142329_zpsbbba5402.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...