Changing the standard steering wheel

Sy1ar

Hi,

I have just bought my first Nissan 350z (a 52 plate, 2003 model) and the steering wheel that comes as standard does not have the controls for the radio or the cruise control. I have found 'spare' wheel from a 2004 350z online and would like to check that it will work if I buy it and have it installed. Is there anything that would stop it from working? Was this feature simply not available on the 2003 models? Any help is very greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am endeavoring to try this as in the US they seem to think its very simple. I can't quite believe Nissan made sspecial controls just for the jdm market. You will also need the brake and clutch switch and a file flashed on the ecu. I shall put this one to bed for everyone soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it a JDM?

If so the controls on a non JDM may not work I believe is what someone said on here.

I have 2 brand new HR steering wheels will all the buttons but they will not work on JDM cars.

I am very sorry, firstly because of the delay in replying (I was assuming I'd get email notifications of forum responses) but more embarrassingly because I do not know what JDM is... :wacko: This is my first 350z.

Is it a JDM?

If so the controls on a non JDM may not work I believe is what someone said on here.

I have 2 brand new HR steering wheels will all the buttons but they will not work on JDM cars.

I do not know what JDM is... :wacko: This is my first 350z.

An import, Japanese Domestic Market

Is it a JDM?

Ah, I think that it is a UK model and it was certainly sold to me as such. How do I check this, though, please?

Is it a JDM?

Ah, I think that it is a UK model and it was certainly sold to me as such. How do I check this, though, please?

See if the date of first registration on the V5 matches first registered in the UK.

Is it a JDM?

See if the date of first registration on the V5 matches first registered in the UK.

Just waiting for the V5 to turn up :)