Bikers - opinions please !

Dan

Aprillia Tuono R vs Ducati Monster S4R...which would you buy and why ? Forget price differences.

P.S. I've had lots of bikes including 3 new R1s in a row over the last 3 years, before that I had a Blade, 999 etc you get the picture. I'm sick of Jap bikes - too bland - and I don't want anything faired because I'm 40 this year and I really need to slow down ;)

Thanks for your opinions.

P.P.S No, I don't want a bloody Harley !

I know this is jap but c'mmon! look at this ... out in August...

Hayabusa engine, unfaired... and if you feel the rebel coming out again... fit the supercharger they deleted from the concept in 2001!!!

B_king.jpg

http://www.suzukibking.co.uk/

Aprilias, Dukes... next will be skinny cappuccinos :p

(only kidding, dukes and aprilias are very cool... just another option...)

Kinell zzzz, I'm trying to slow down mate :D

I've seen a cracking deal on a Tuono R, 05 model but brand new, £5,799 !

I can't find a deal anything like that on an S4R, so even though I said forget price differences it now makes a lot more sense !

And anyway, there's always next year :teeth:

Hmm, interesting choices. I almost went for an S4R myself recently, but the servicing and reliability put me off.

Personally I think that the Tuono looks too much like a bitsa (bronze frame :yuck: ) and whilst the water-cooled Desmo is nowhere near as neat as the air/oil cooled one I'd have to go for the Duke.

Slight reservation is that you get the "I own a Ducati" image which is about as flattering as owning an R1150GS with all of the Ewan McGregor w*nk regalia.

Have you looked at the new Triumph 1150 Speed Triple. I test rode one and nearly wept. Full on engine with a nice balance between a twin and a four. If they weren't so damn ugly at the back I could be tempted.

Have fun :thumbs:

I haven't gone as far as a test ride yet, but this weekend I sat on a Tuono R and it felt very big. I then sat on a Monster and it felt tiny, which I like...

Plus I'm swayed by the fact that my favourite bike ever was a Ducati.

Then again I can get the Tuono over £2000 less, which I told myself shouldnt really affect my decision, but it is doing !

I've really got to watch the riding position. I'm well into powerlifting and at just over 20 stone I dont have much flexibility in my shoulders and neck etc so I need to sit quite upright, and I get cramps in certain positions so high pegs are out too - which is the reason I can't cope with a sportsbike anymore.

I think I better ponder for a couple of days before I make a choice.

Thanks for the input and opinions guys.