HKS Copies

Jetpilot

Looking for a dual exhaust and liked the HKS exhaust, as it seems there are only copies around (unless i am extremely patient) so i looked into them.

Seems like Japspeed have a bad rep, but noticed a company called TopGear selling them. I bought a custom exhaust from TopGear Stockport for my Rx7, it was very impressive. I contacted TopGear via ebay (main office) and asked if the one listed was a generic clone also sold by Japspeed. They were quite honest and said, they are supplied by a company called CPZ who also supply Japspeed, so, reading between the lines, yes it is the same.

However, they are offering a lifetime warranty and guaranteed fitment which is another problem i have seen associated with Japspeed.

Thoughts please gents, does anyone have one of these said exhaust, Japspeed or TopGear and how have you found it?

I had a TopGear one on my car . . . for about a month :lol:

First off it had to be custom fitted not only to fit round the diff, but also the tail pipes to be aligned and moved back (stuck out about a foot :lol: ). Quality was ok, sound was nice from the outside, but on the inside it did my head in. very drony as I did a fair few miles in my zed. I also though the tail pipes were too big and out of proportion

Got a Miltek instead B)

• Like 1

I had a TopGear one on my car . . . for about a month :lol:

First off it had to be custom fitted not only to fit round the diff, but also the tail pipes to be aligned and moved back (stuck out about a foot :lol: ). Quality was ok, sound was nice from the outside, but on the inside it did my head in. very drony as I did a fair few miles in my zed. I also though the tail pipes were too big and out of proportion

Got a Miltek instead B)

That is all i needed to hear :) Thank you sir.

If i end up spending Milltek money i would buy an Invidia Gemini though :)

Iv got a top gear exhuast like your talking about. The fit isnt straight forward. Tailpipes werent even as one stuck out about 4" more and it vibrated on the cross beam so not a DIY fit but apart from some simple fitting issues i cant conplain for the price i got mine for from ebay.They can be picked up dirt cheap for a dual system.

Granted its a lesser metal than other big brands use but mine polishes up great.

I would recommend it with the note that you will need to get it fitted and altered so budget for it. i think mine sounds great too.