370Z Sat Nav - Connect Premium etc

jc00022

Confused!!??!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201304266469992/sort/default/usedcars/transmission/automatic/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/model/370_z/make/nissan/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/tn393ea/page/1/radius/1500?logcode=p

Picking this up Saturday, however the guy is not sure whether this is connect premium ie. newer version of the sat nav as he doesnt use the sat nav ipod much. Can anyone shed any light on whether it is. It appears these "special editions" ones all show as having ipod, DVD etc but im not too sure what the difference is?

If anyone can tell me whether this has got "connect premium" with any degree of confidence that would be fantastic as I have no idea how to tell the difference.

thanks!

James

connect premium will be touch screen and have post code search

this is not a "special edition" - but there isn't enough info on the site to see if it has the GT pack - on a 10 plate I would suspect it will be though :shrug:

that one also appears to have manually adjustable seats as well - so not sure now - 'cos I think the GT pack added electric adjustable seats

Edited by ioneabee

I dont think the GTs come with fully electric seats on any of them! I drove a GT at a garage the other week and I think those manually adjustable things were for the lumbar support or something?!

if i get there and those dam seats aren't made out of a vegetable i will claim for misrepresentation!

In all seriousness however if someone can shed light on the sat nav situation that would be great, as not only can the owner clearly not spell he has no idea if its the connect premium! I spoke to a dealer today and apparently all 10 plate onwards cars have the updated system. However he did work for Nissan dealership, therefore there is no guarantee he knows what he's talking about!

It's a poor advert overall, but Ioneabee is right; if the Sat Nav is touch screen and allows post code searches, it's Connect Premium. If not, it isn't. I can say this for certain because I've had two 370Zs - one with and one without CP. since its a 2010 car, it's most likely Connect Premium equipped. Hope that helps.

The interior/exterior spec says it has a 6CD autochanger. If that is right, (and they not always right) then it is pre connect premium 370.

There is a give away on the control pad, but for the life of me I can't recall what that is and sadly the interior pics are not clear so I could check with my own car.

But as others have said, it is so easily checked by asking if the system has touchscreen facility, to save a wasted journey.

Despite what that Nissan guy said about all 10 plates onwards being touchscreen, I see the car was a dealer jobbie first of all and it could be old stock that was registered as it was no longer the latest model........

Needs verifying IMO.