Mounting Screen in 2004 Cubby

cs2000

Hey all. Have been debating between a reverse sensor set-up and a reverse camera for a few weeks now. Ive decided on a camera for the sheet gadget-ness involved :)

I have found a camera id like, same one BulletMagnet used, however unlike him, I don't have, nor do I want an aftermarket HU. I would MUCH rather have a screen inside the cubby on the dash.

So, off to the bay of e I go. Click Me. One I was expecially looking at was Linky due to the fact it has the reverse guidelines.

What im after is one that will fit into the cubby with the absolute minimum 9none if possible) of cutting or removing anything (obviously aside from making a hole for the wires to pass through). Can anyone who has done something similar advise which screen would be best, but solely on a fitment perspective.

Of the top if my head, im thinking somewhere around 4-5 inchs would fit lovely, but don't want to waste time and money of something that just wont fit!

I don't mind of course cutting the screen up, or sanding the bezel to make it fit, just don't want to harm the car at all.

Edited by cs2000

a 7" screen fits perfectly behind a sat nav surround but other than that a 4" or 5" should fit in the normal cubby I think fairly easily.

Seems a bit of aggro to go for just for a screen that you use very occasionally, I have the same camera attached to my HU, I would personally advise to save your pennies and get an aftermarket HU as it will look better and do both jobs :thumbs:

Maybe there are satnavs out there with an rca in for the screen :shrug:

I know it's a lot of hassle, seemingly anyway, but I don't use the cubby and have heard mixed reviews on those sensors where you don't need to drill, plus this is actually cheaper!

Only reason I don't want a HU is I like the built in Bluetooth, no matter how annoying she can be ;)

I have fitted loads of these sensors

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-REVERSING-REVERSE-PARKING-4-SENSOR-KIT-BUZZER-ALARM-/190322960277?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2c5021e795

They are easy to fit, come with holesaw, and colour coded, or spray them yourself :)

What's the reason for not wanting to drill? Just don't want to drill bumper, or think it would be difficult?

I have these sensors and a nice dd unit with reverse camera, sat Nav etc in my present car

I have already used those sensors in my previous car, the Celica. For the price I could never fault them, I even got the wireless version so was no wire between the control box and the screen, but firstly, I don't want to drill really, and secondly, I want a Chargespeed bumper in time and don't want top have to re-fit sensors into that :)

looks like the only way for me to find out is to buy one and see for myself :)