lacquer peeling...

Zzzz...

ok... here is one of the concerns I am trying to get dealer and NMGB to take on... just wondered if anyone has had lacquer peeling off on your car, not only on the antenna aerial but any other area, maybe in edge of panels, etc..

antennalacquer2.jpg

antennalacquer.jpg

1st response was the std " Nissan don't have records of a concern in this area therefore it is not a warranty item...bla bla bla :yawn::yawn::yawn: "

the fight goes on.... :boxing:

Looks very much to me like the panel has been repaired at sometime and then clearcoated without removing the arial. The problem with this is that it leaves what is termed as an open edge to the clearcoat which in time allows water to penetrate the edge and then loosens the clearcote hence the flaking. It can also happen if the surface is not keyed properly before applying the clearcoat, very unusual to have this happen on manufacturers paint.

in this case they lied to me when they sold the vehicle as I specifically asked if the car had any respray on the bodywork, and they told me no, they sold the car, they knew the car from new etc...

:rant:

They may well not have known about the repair, the most usual cause of this is after repairs by the likes of 'chips away' type outfits, and thats not putting them down it's just down to how good the operater is, but not possibly the dealers fault.

IMO that has 99.9 chance of having had a respray on the rear wing where the aerial has just been taped up and laquered. If the aerial would have been taken out that would never have happen.

I would say you should go back saying its deffinatly a paint issue. Whether its known of not is not an issue. The fact is its gone wrong and thus should be fixed as it should not do that through wear and tear.

Its down to the dealer to show you have had it resprayed (which is probably very easy with a paint guage).

The problem if it has been sprayed is whos at fault. If the dealer was not made aware of it then they have done nothing wrong and its just one of those things.

The way the paint is peeling away looks like the paint was not prepped properly

yep... i am thinking this ... the only way I can 100% be sure is to do a bit of dismantling and remove the aerial base and check the opening edge...

Maybe this weekends job... :dry:

Thanks for the advice guys :thumbs: