Pre-facelift to Facelift Engine Transplant?

A9H-RX

Not too sure if this Q is top of everyone's list as generally it would be going backwards.... But I have a VQ35DE twin turbo conversion with fully forged cosworth internals.. For those who haven't seen the thread yet, the car was oblitirated last weekend by an Audi A3. I'm looking for a low mileage Zed for my replacement (pref 30 - 40k miles or less) to put the engine in, but a low miles prefacelift is becoming hard to find. Does anyone know if the wiring loom is the same in the facelift model to adapt my pre-facelift engine?

The wiring looms are different between the early car and the rev up engine if that is the question that you are asking

Alex. :)

So there is no way of me adapting my engine unless I change engine or whole car loom?

Now that is a completely different question, however any thing is doable.

What ECU etc are you running?

Best to keep it simple and just get a car that your engine will just drop in to.

Alex. :)

I've got standard ECU but running a piggy back. That's all plug and play.. I did want a car that my engine will easily be dropped into but I'm soo fussy when it comes to picking the right car and there are a lot of facelifts I would consider buying.. Would I have to change whole car loom?