Air Compressor

x20drb

Hi guys, not sure if anyone can help, im looking to buy an air compressor with tools like a rattle gun and paint spraying equip and was wondering what spec/brand it needs to be, I see things like 20-100l and different cfms and don't understand any of it ha Any help much appreciated. Dan

Go for 3hp and 10cfm minimum. The size of the tank is what air it stores. So 100l will take longer to fill but then you can use it longer before the compressor kicks in again.

What he says. I started off with a 1.5hp 50litre compressor and it wasnt much cop. Now ive a 2.5hp 100litre one and its ideal for what I want. Can use impact wrench and all the normal air tools without any problems.

Ive yet to try spraying much with it, but if you get a top fed spray gun, they use less pressure and so it should also work with that too.

My brother in law has a small 50litre one and he uses air tools without any problem, but the poor little compressor has to be working flat out all the time to try and reach the pressure it needs.

Id start by having a look in machine mart and speak to the people there. If you do decide to buy from them go on one of their VAT free days. For air tools. I made the mistake of buying all the bits separately from different places. I then found out Halfords do a start pack kit which contains all the tools you are likely to need and worked out a lot cheaper.