LOCAL REGULAR MEETS

jonathan73

Hey guys, have you seen the Members Map?

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/membermap.php

Get yourselves pin-pointed on there and let's stimulate local meetings among each other. Wouldn't it be great if, local groups got together once a month on a regular day - something like every first Tuesday at a convenient pub?

Chesterfield, Lomoto and I had a little local meet, getting together last Saturday evening. We thoroughly enjoyed it :thumbs:

Who's in your local area? Dont know? Check on the Members Map.... Maybe the Administrators could help stimulate interest too by mailing members in 'regions'???

[/b]

Great idea Jonothan. Yes - the member map is a great tool for finding who is in your local area - it just needs people to pop their location on the map (just narrow it down to the local town).

That way everyone can see at a glance where others are and start setting up these local/regional meets.

Giving everyone an opportunity to get out on the meets in between the much bigger events.

Great idea! :thumbs:

By the way - the members map link, for those that dont know, is in the top menu bar - the little globe icon.

Hi Crasher,

I am about an hour from you - Wellingborough.

If u look at the other thread we did not get much interest but I think its a good idea and great to meet, chat and have a laugh.

As u can see from the NW run we had a great night and for some like me it was a first time meet with the lads.

So I am up for a localish meet - talk soon,

Jane x :D

Rather than trying to arrange multiple local meets in one thread, perhaps a starting point would be dividing the country up into sections for these Local Meets - counties?

Then maybe we can set up a section of the forum with subsections for each area. People who are in that area, or fancy travelling to that area can then arrange local meets in that section?

Just one idea perhaps?

Hi Val,

Lets be fair about this then where are the HOT guys!!!!!

Hope this site is not sexist at the very least.

Think I proved I can drive as well as u guys and perhaps better than some.

Ask Sarine he was eating my dust!!!!

LOL

Jane xxx :yahoo:

Hi Val,

I think areas would be best too.

Can someone tell me how to get my old devon marker off the map having given up and put a new on for Wellingborough.

I for one would love to get down to Devon for a meet as still go there once a month at least - but I dont think there are many down that way though from this club.

I may be proved wrong though - lots for sale at JFE Exeter the last time I was there - so maybe some have found us here.

Jane xxxxx :D

PS I did not mess up the 350-uk.com sticker either :teeth:

Chesterfield - I agree. If everyone puts their marker on the map it will be easy for everyone to see who else is in their REGION (NW, Mids, SE, SW etc).

Then members will be able to narrow that region down into more LOCAL areas similar to the process You, Lomoto and I did when we organised our little get together.

It all starts with members pin-poining themselves on the map. Is there a way that the Map being updated can be seen in much the same way that a topic being updated is seen? Then members can click on it to see if the last update was anywhere near them?

Once the map is full of pin-points the local meets will be easy for members to organise local meets between themselves (with separate threads being started for their LOCAL area). :teeth: