Jacking up the car..

adam1942

Don't I feel stupid.. I was sitting making "pucks" out of wood for my axel stands so I could jack up the car and take off my existing wheels to paint them.. I failed twice and the wood split.. probably best it split whilst working on it and not on the car :o

Anyway.. I gave up and came in side.. Only to remember that I was moving wheels around in the garage to get to my tools to make the puck..

What a tool I am! Just threw the old wheels on the motor and retrieved the wheels that required painting!

:surrender::blush:

Edited by adam1942

Pine is a softwood. You could use it but you'd have to make sure the load was going across the grain, not in line with it. So the weight crushing the fibres, not forcing them apart.

I had this problem on the Supra and ended up crushing the crimped rail in ignorance. I now have a large piece of angle iron to use with a trolley jack, but hockey pucks on the axle stands seems a good idea, as long as there's no risk of them slipping off.