slip warning light on dash

stuey

this may be coinsidance but since i put the 20" wheels on when i do a bit of speedy cornering the slip light comes up and cuts me power....... except that my traction is 100% still there and defo not silding..... this seems to happen more often than not...................... any ideas.........?? :)

Guest prescience
differant profile but the same rollong radius......!! :thumbs:

but not same differential as standard set up ;)

Not sure what you mean by that mate?

differant profile but the same rollong radius......!! :thumbs:

but not same differential as standard set up ;)

Not sure what you mean by that mate?

standard sizes are 245/45 and 225/45 so rolling radius's arnt the same :thumbs: Stuey has exactly same rolling radius front / rear ..so I'm guessing that is the probs

to confuse things further....

when i first put on my alloys (18" but wider, much wider than stock) all was ok, never had any issue of TCS and ABS kicking in prematurely, whereas now that I changed rear tyres (and not fronts) I get the TCS to kick in when not needed, mostly on fast left hand bends. :wacko:

when i first put on my alloys (18" but wider, much wider than stock) all was ok, never had any issue of TCS and ABS kicking in prematurely, whereas now that I changed rear tyres (and not fronts) I get the TCS to kick in when not needed, mostly on fast left hand bends. :wacko:

same here.......... mine is left or rights but not all the time........ is there anything you can do to re train the managemet system......?? :)

same here.......... mine is left or rights but not all the time........ is there anything you can do to re train the managemet system......?? :)

try this.....

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4521

Guest prescience

Interestingly (and I had no idea until I did a spreadsheet calc. just now) a tread difference of 7mm (I know that's at the extreme) makes a 2.2% difference in rolling radius and circumference. This is significant and might explain why changing one wheel from a very low tread to new would affect the slip :thumbs:

Interestingly (and I had no idea until I did a spreadsheet calc. just now) a tread difference of 7mm (I know that's at the extreme) makes a 2.2% difference in rolling radius and circumference. This is significant and might explain why changing one wheel from a very low tread to new would affect the slip :thumbs:

you know what, that was the only thing I could think of too.

fronts will be say half way ~4mm and rears are new (say ~8mm) and that was THE only difference since the tyres are exactly the same as before.

ah well, empty car park here I come B) (will have to re-establish tread depth front-back symmetry somehow! :lol: )

try this.....

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4521

has anyone tried this vdc recalibrate proceedure????????