Flat wiper blades

TT2Z

Has anyone fitted these yet ?

Flatblade.jpg

I know a few people have fitted the PIAA "normal" blades.

But I've been impressed with cars with the flat blades on ( Audi etc ) but these were factory fit, I don't know anyone who has fitted after market versions.

These are from a division of http://www.1stautobulbs.com

And would cost £ 33 for a set of 3 after the forum discount.

Hopefully someone has them and can recommend them.

Thanks Ian.

I don't know what the science is behind them, but I found the Volvo (which had these as standard) always gave a perfectly even sweep, whereas the metal armed ones on any other car always seem to have lighter and heavier pressure points. They seem to be able to deal with the contours of the windscreen much better and never juddered even when worn. Just started smearing rather then clearing. :)

ok I'm a little confused on this......

Whats the difference between these and the standard PIAA blades? Just that I thought the PIAA blades were curved to fit the screen better?

And the pic of these "flat" blades looks very curved to me! :blush:

Have these type of blades as a standard fit on the company hack. Work very well. They have been on the car for 23k miles without replacement and are still working.

Cannot answer Jacko's question on what the difference between these and standard PIAA blades, but they do work. :teeth:

IIRC the PIAA blades are a silicon version of the "normal" style blades, with the normal metal framework that supports them.

These "flat" blades do away with the framework, and are an aftermarket version of the Bosch "Aero-twin" blades.

They look very flimsy when not on the actual screen, but as said above, seem to work very well, but I've only seen them as OEM.

I think I will bite the bullet and order them today.

Will let you all know, how they fit / perform once installed.

My friend has these on his Civic Type R, new shape, and they are terrible, it would be better wiping the screen with a fish!

Must be something wrong then, 'cos my wife has them on her Civic and they are brilliant!! :thumbs:

My friend has these on his Civic Type R, new shape, and they are terrible, it would be better wiping the screen with a fish!

Must be something wrong then, 'cos my wife has them on her Civic and they are brilliant!! :thumbs:

Hmm, i will let him know then as they are really bad

Ian - have you had a chance to fit and test these? My near side wiper has started to judder and needs replacing, I was thinking of using these if they work well.

TIA

Ordered last Thursday, and nothing arrived as yet. :rant:

Web site "help desk" is an answer phone.

Left messages and as of yet, no reply..............

Hopefully they will be on the doormat when I get home.

Well I guessed right, they were on the mat Friday.

Fitted them last night, but not overly happy with the snugness of the "click" fitting, may need a slight tinkering.

But the blades work really well, very good clean on the first sweep and they do sit lower on the screens. No lift or judder even going a little over 69mph...... ;)

Will take and post some pics when I get the chance.

Ian.

Yeah I need to decide whether to go with these or PIAA ones soon.....

I've got those annoying little lines across my screen where the blades are on their way out..... :thumbdown:

So any review will help!

Yes I need to replace mine, but am in 2 minds.

The performance of the flat blades is good - if my wifes Civic is anything to go by, but not sure of how they will look on the zed.

They look a bit gob-smacking on the Honda!!!

Well I guessed right, they were on the mat Friday.

Fitted them last night, but not overly happy with the snugness of the "click" fitting, may need a slight tinkering.

But the blades work really well, very good clean on the first sweep and they do sit lower on the screens. No lift or judder even going a little over 69mph...... ;)

Will take and post some pics when I get the chance.

Ian.

Ian,

Where is the link to where you actually bought them for and model no's etc please?

The 1st Auto main page is just coming up blank at the mo!

They look a bit gob-smacking on the Honda!!!

Is that in a good way??

I used to have these on an Audi...... looked ok but worked really well :thumbs:

Because of the width of the rubber they tend to sit quite high, so not sure how they would look, being used to the standard type.

Not the end of the world though, is it, if I discard them and get some PIAA's.

I got my PIAA wipers from Bigphil yesterday and they are brilliant compared to my old wipers. Totally silent and clean very well. I would recommend them to anyone who doesnt want to take any risk with the flat blades.