Tyre Repair or Replace?

Morg

Picked up a stud/bolt in centre of my tyre this morning :angry:

Tyres have only done 7k miles still have fair amount tread on them so:-

1. Is the tyre repairable?

2. If i have to replace do i replace both fronts to keep them matched?

Ta muchly.

Tyre002.jpg

Tyre001.jpg

I've just had the same thing, although not as big a bolt. Got told by my trustee tyre place, it depends on diameter of hole as to whether they will either plug it or patch, in this case would be a plug. But if its not safe to do then they won't! At end of the day, they ain't going to want to kill you anyway.

But if you want piece of mind then replace.......

If you do replace, then keep the same model tyres on front, the fact that one will be slightly more worn than the other shouldn't really matter....... not unless the other is bald etc!

All the advice is correct. That's in the area where they can repair but look like the size of the hole will be too big.

I've had tyres repaired in the past and they won;t do it unless it's safe. The other point is the Zed is limited to 155mph and in the UK when do you get a chance to even approach that speed.

Replace for sure. I got a tyre plugged on my old clio (with a much smaller hole than that) and the little f**k blew out on me on a roundabout, first time I got her back end out! On a car like the Zed, anything other than the smallest hole I would definately replace.

Thanks for the response guys suspected as much :thumbs:

Anyone able to recommend a decent place in B'ham area? Or will i be okay with the likes of K* Fit etc; ?

PM Sarnie he'll know for sure :thumbs:

by the way conflicting advice given on the other side I see :headhurt: