Front bumper help - pics needed

Rocky

Hi guys and girls. Hope you can help.

I need a picture of the underneath of the front bumper on a standard car (350z - roadster if poss).

Long story short, my car went in for a bumper repair and I think the garage have f**ked it up.

I need to see how the front bumper is attached at the bottom and also a picture of the black plastic strip that is underneath the bumper too.

Basically the black strip is now missing and the bumper is being held on with nuts and bolts at the bottom.

(This is the last of a long list of problems I've had with them)

Please, please help so I can kick arse with my insurance company!!

I am by no means well educated at removing the entire bumper, however I did loosen it and partially remove the under tray at the weekend to fit a CAI kit.

The under tray is screwed to the underside of the bumper, and arch liners this could be what you are referring too? I am pretty sure that the black strip at the base of the bumper is in place to protect the underside of it and act as a bookend to the tray? There should be a number of other connections, major ones at that, connect the bumper back to solid structure and the body ie there are six plastic rivets under the bonnet, which connect the bumper back to the core supports.

What makes you think that it has been "f**ked up", is it hanging off? There must be a post on the forum that illustrates how to remove the entire front bumper, maybe cross reference with that, which in-turn should enable you to locate all of the fixings?

Edited by Ceejay29

It's the back plastic strip that protects the underside of the bumper from being scratched that is missing.

Also I was convicted that the bumper was held on by plastic rivits like you said, not nuts and bolts that are now visible when you look at the front of the car.

I need pictures so I can prove what should be there and how it it's all held together.

It's not hanging off or anything, just unsightly. Not what I expect when my car comes back from a garage!

This is the 3rd time (and last!!) that's it's been to the garage to be "repaired" after a coach reversed into the front and just damaged the bumper slightly since Xmas.

Thanks for your help in advance

Ah I see.

It sounds like the original screws that attach the undertray to the u/s of the bumper have been snapped (they are very delicate, as are the fixings into the bumper - one must not over tighten). I presume that they have replaced them, or connected everything some other way and have not matched the correct size screws, and it is all visible as this black strip is no longer present (all would have been concealed behind it). I am not sure why that strip was removed, mine has taken a right bashing and I am glad it is there, well what is left of it :lol:

Upload a photograph for clarity and we can all comment from there. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of the u/s of the car, but this may help?

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h137/dkmesa/ZSpeedPerformance_com%20Undertray/IMG_3199.jpg

It's the back plastic strip that protects the underside of the bumper from being scratched that is missing.

Also I was convicted that the bumper was held on by plastic rivits like you said, not nuts and bolts that are now visible when you look at the front of the car.

I need pictures so I can prove what should be there and how it it's all held together.

It's part of the aero kit (including the rear boot spoiler) that comes fitted as standard with all U.K 350 Zed's. It was an option on JDM's, and you see quite a few without them.

Pete