Stuff to do!

gringo

I was under the impression that the alarm going off when you use the key as opposed to the key buttons was a standard on most cars, it was the same on my Rav4. What happens is if you use the buttons on the keys, the car 'learns' that this is what you favour, but if you use the actual key the alarm will go off. The car will only stop doing this is you continue to use the key for locking and unlocking the car, and you will find that after a few times if you go back to using the buttons, you will activate the alarm again until the car learns that you are using this method of locking/unlocking.

It does make sense in my head, hope i wrote it out clearly enough haha!

I had the exact key issue on the Rav4, and assume that it may be a generic Jap car thing... Please correct me if I'm wrong (bearing in mind I am a girl....) :teeth:

• Like 1

Better uncross those fingers Nikki!!!Tried a new battery...no joy!!! But something odd did happen today. I left the car unlocked (on my drive safe behind another car),after 3hrs or so I put the key in to start it...Dead, nothing happened at all. I got out locked the car, unlocked it again...the alarm started, I put the key in the ignition the alarm went off and the car started! So I've got a couple of pics with the spacers fitted 25 rear 20 front. 20130315_171401.jpg before. 20130315_173241.jpg after

Doesn't the immobiliser kick in if the car is left unlocked for a while as a little safety feature? I've seen other cars do that. Not sure the non-start is necessarily linked to the other issue with the alarm.

Well......it seems missniki is quite correct with the car learning the method of locking and unlocking. The car now responds to the key with the alarm no longer going off. I'm still yet to go to Nissan to have the key coded.

• Like 1