double din kenwood facia help.

ashleyqprw12

Fitted a kenwood double din head unit. nightmare from the start! in the end i've run my own wiring for the speakers and sub! Anyway it fits ok but the facia i had was a terrible fit! gaps im not so bothered about but it wouldn't fit inside the dash! does anyone have a link for one they could send me?

Have you mounted the kenwood to the car via the brackets or to the centre console like the OEM stereo.

My JVC stuck out because it is motorised for the CD player, I never play CDs so i drilled holes in the mount and fitted it further back and therefore flush :thumbs:

i ve found that if you use the o/e brackets on the new h/unit and then refit into the car not to the facia its a lot easier to fit. :teeth:

done several members zeds like this now.

Edited by buster

Have you mounted the kenwood to the car via the brackets or to the centre console like the OEM stereo.

My JVC stuck out because it is motorised for the CD player, I never play CDs so i drilled holes in the mount and fitted it further back and therefore flush :thumbs:

i ve found that if you use the o/e brackets on the new h/unit and then refit into the car not to the facia its a lot easier to fit. :teeth:

done several members zeds like this now.

Exactly :thumbs:

Screw everything into the car and then just fit the centre console on last, much much easier that way