Wales Meet "discussion"

Zzzz...

Just Dawned on me that we could have held the worlds largest meet of 350Zeds in the world !!! :scare: and we missed the opportunity of having the www.350z-uk.com posted in the guinnes book of records... :headhurt:

( we don't need a big number, so long as we are the first to declare this record...)

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/sea ... t%20parade

I am not sure if we could get it "retrospectively validated, without an "independant guinnes adjudicator"...

Maybe something to consider for next time...unless otherclubs take this on ... :dry:

I thought about this at one point, but the US has 30 Zeds well and truly beaten.

Just a quick search and question on 350z-tech resulted in an aerial photo of a US Z car meet, I stopped counting 350Z's after I got to about 70 odd.

Europe maybe - but not the world. :blush:

I thought about this at one point, but the US has 30 Zeds well and truly beaten.

Just a quick search and question on 350z-tech resulted in an aerial photo of a US Z car meet, I stopped counting 350Z's after I got to about 70 odd.

Europe maybe - but not the world. :blush:

People on the OC have said that this was the 2nd biggest zed meet in the uk :dry:

People on the OC have said that this was the 2nd biggest zed meet in the uk :dry:

Yeah but so what, this wasn't what this day was about.....

It was about DRIVING! :drive1:D

Although would be interested to know where has had bigger than 30 350z's? Where was this supposedly beaten anyway? Do you know Sarnie?

:wacko:

As Jacko says, this was about the driving and the meeting of like minded folk - and what a great bunch they all are! :thumbs:

As I said to others on the day, it is a shame that we are not allowed to inform other owners about this event on other forums, as I'm sure many would have wanted to take part. Indeed I beleive there are people on other sites enquiring about meets in the Northwest Area, though sadly its forbidden to inform those owners about meets arranged on this site.

I feel sorry for those owners, but we cant do anything about it without being accused of causing trouble. Shame really, but never mind, there will be more of these meets arranged in the future, and maybe by then they may be allowed to be informed about our meets. :)

A great day out - and I really must get my pictures sorted. :blush:

Thanks again Jacko and others for putting in so much effort. :clap::clap::#1::notworthy:

Thanks again Jacko and others for putting in so much effort. :clap::clap::#1::notworthy:

No probs, you lot are more than welcome! Its always a pleasure as long as everyone enjoys it!

But please remember I didn't do it all!

If it weren't for Beavis reminding people all the time and putting that effort in and the initial enthusiam of people like Digsy, AndyC, Lomoto etc then it wouldn't have got off the ground before I came back from my MIA stint! :D

But happy to oblige!

:thumbs:

100% agree , the day was for driving and meeting like minded people.

As a relatively newbie to this kind of stuff I really enjoyed the day (getting lost included!) . And I would not envy doing the organisation that went behind the scenes so thanks to all of you who made it happen!

Next time...if it is not done before

I commit to contact Mr Guinnes to do it...

(Queue the music of "british national anthem")

even if it only lasts 2 days, still, www.350z-uk.com will be the First to establish this record... the name will live forever in the annuals of history (Queue off the music")

:D

Hi Zzzzzzz,

Who me I always keep to the speed regulations - u must have been seeing things lol :teeth:

Yes saw u as I left on the exit to start the final leg to Wellingborough - I was very tired at that point - but what a cracking day and I really enjoyed the drive - want to stick mine on a track now and have some fun.

Jane xxxxx

(Bluelady) :yahoo:

Just Dawned on me that we could have held the worlds largest meet of 350Zeds in the world !!!

Well done guys - From the pics it looks like you had an excellent meet - There's nothing quite like being in a convoy of Zeds, is there!

I really don't want to be a party pooper/rain on your parade, but as someone from here asked the question about numbers of Zeds at the OC National last September, I've done a list and there were 35 zeds present at that meet. I know it's not the point and I agree that it doesn't matter a jott - I've had some brilliant meets with just 2 or 3 Zeds, but I thought you might like to know. Personally I think we should all aim for 100 in one place, and make it a proper big number!!!!

Chubbs

Just Dawned on me that we could have held the worlds largest meet of 350Zeds in the world !!!

Well done guys - From the pics it looks like you had an excellent meet - There's nothing quite like being in a convoy of Zeds, is there!

I really Personally I think we should all aim for 100 in one place, and make it a proper big number!!!!

Chubbs

Agreed :yahoo::yahoo:

I really Personally I think we should all aim for 100 in one place, and make it a proper big number!!!!

Chubbs

Agreed :yahoo::yahoo:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: So come on then!!!!

Guest prescience

Think you counted every lamp-post in your list mate , including some drivers who were banned and zedless at the time ;) Still have it as you like :lol:

100 is a good number to aim for though :teeth:

Think you counted every lamp-post in your list mate , including some drivers who were banned and zedless at the time ;) Still have it as you like :lol:

100 is a good number to aim for though :teeth:

I'm not going to spoil this really nice thread by posting the list of names - but please don't suggest I'm not telling the truth Dorian - take a look at the list if you like - you know where it is, then come back and tell me if there are any mistakes (I admit that initially I rushed it out with a couple of errors, which are now corrected - and I missed a few off initially too!!!).

My main point is that I'd love to be part of the world's biggest Zed run!

Not seen any photos of 35 zeds at a meet, but I suppose its no surprise to see that our site claiming the largest meet has suddenly encouraged people out of the woodwork to shout "objection!"

We could quite easily aim for one hundred - and we could probably have broken 50 at the Wales meet very easily, had we been allowed to advertise this meet on the other side. Perhaps once we get past that particular barrier, we can may be able to increase the numbers. I see owners asking about North West meets over on the other side - and nobody cared to let them know about this one. Way to treat a fellow owner :thumbs:

For now though, as posted above, not to rain on anyones parade, but this was and is the largest UK 350Z meet in the UK. If we went by the "list" it would have been over 35, but we are actually going on confirmed attendees.

Though of course thats not the point ;) (though its strange how it took that very point to encourage you over here)

If you want to be part of the worlds biggest Z meet, then perhaps you can start by asking why we cant advertise our meets to other owners on another site, and how the "joint" meet, deteriorated into an "OC only" meet (which has since been advertised on here I may add).

On a side note Slim - If I were to post on the OC like you have done on this thread, how do you think I would be treated? Indeed I have tried this very topic of conversation and had my works IP address banned, and my email domains banned.

I think at the next meet, it would be great if we all made an effort to meet up the night before like some of the folks did in Chester. I didn't this time due to heavy bills and stuff this month but regret it now. It looked a good laugh. Plus I didn't really know who most people were on the Sunday.

Dave.

Plus some better photos of my motor next time as I'm hardly on any, my mates don't believe I went...:rant::rant:

For now though, as posted above, not to rain on anyones parade, but this was and is the largest UK 350Z meet in the UK.

If you say so ;)

:yawn: Im sorry that it took this site claiming something larger than another to encourage you to post here.

Im sure we can all be part of the worlds biggest Z meet one day, once our meets are allowed to be posted on the OC. Fancy addressing that subject in public?

Guest prescience

For now though, as posted above, not to rain on anyones parade, but this was and is the largest UK 350Z meet in the UK.

If you say so ;)

:yawn: Im sorry that it took this site claiming something larger than another to encourage you to post here.

Im sure we can all be part of the worlds biggest Z meet one day, once our meets are allowed to be posted on the OC. Fancy addressing that subject in public?

Agreed and it would avoid unnecessary cancellation of meets like this weekend's proposed NW Dyno Day on the OC due to low atendance :thumbs:

Good idea to split the thread, Chesterfield - So now I don't need to worry about upsetting the Wales people (who had a lovely time, by the looks of it).

Unfortunately, the claim in your sig is just plain wrong, because there were at least 34 Zeds at the OC National last September - Check the list if you like - http://forums.DELETED.com/inde ... 11426&st=0

Pm them all if you don't believe me Prescience (and I can understand you having your doubts mate!!!).

I know it's not that important and we all make mistakes :blush: - I just hope you don't mind me telling you!

Ive had it put to me that there were 29. and from the pics, I count no more than that either.

Besides - even if the sig was wrong, what would it matter, as people on the OC are never informed of our site, so would never see it anyway.

I would gladly PM them all - but clearly I cant, as:

A : That would be classed as trouble making and would see me banned

B : Im banned anyway

I cant register another account, because if I do and it is discovered it is me - I get banned.

If I regsiter an account and ask why the OC censors our site, yet we dont censor the OC - I get banned

I cant register any account with any email address from my domain - as it is banned

I cant view the OC from works internet server, as it is banned.

I would gladly discuss this with any of the committee on the OC, but as I cant access the OC without using IP anonymizers and fake email addresses, and they seem incapable of chatting on here - we have somewhat of a stalemate situation.

Ive had it put to me that there were 29. and from the pics, I count no more than that either.

Besides - even if the sig was wrong, what would it matter, as people on the OC are never informed of our site, so would never see it anyway.

I would gladly PM them all - but clearly I cant, as:

A : That would be classed as trouble making and would see me banned

B : Im banned anyway

I cant register another account, because if I do and it is discovered it is me - I get banned.

If I regsiter an account and ask why the OC censors our site, yet we dont censor the OC - I get banned

I cant register any account with any email address from my domain - as it is banned

I cant view the OC from works internet server, as it is banned.

I would gladly discuss this with any of the committee on the OC, but as I cant access the OC without using IP anonymizers and fake email addresses, and they seem incapable of chatting on here - we have somewhat of a stalemate situation.

Chris I think your barred :blush:

Yes I am.

I managed to ask the question on the thread though -

"why was this NW meet never mentoined on the OC, yet the other site have allowed the OC's SE meet to be posted"

And the response?

The post was deleted and the account used to post it - yes you guessed it - banned.

Anyone starting to see a pattern developing.

Look at the fund the people had on the Wales drive - it was great, why do the OC have such a problem with letting other owners know about an event where they could attend and join in that fun with other owners. :bang: