EBC Yellowstuff bedding in

jjt

I know that there are a few threads about this and I have read all of them, but...

Does anyone have any good bedding in experience with these pads?

EBC say:

"Best procedure is to drive gently avoiding harsh braking unless in an emergency for first 100 miles. In the second 100 miles (up to 200) you can use gently increasing brake pressures when using the brakes.

Only after 200 miles urban driving (not 200 miles on a freeway where brakes are almost unused) should you attempt to apply heavy load and heat to the brakes. To do this final bedding on a QUIET ROAD in safe traffic apply the brakes and slow from 60 to 10 MPH five times in a row. Then drive slowly for a few minutes if safe to do so to allow the brakes to cool. Try to avoid coming to a rest whilst the brakes are heated.

A smell may be noticed from the warm brakes, this is normal. Repeat this procedure a second time after the brakes have TOTALLY cooled down. EBC pads get better with miles. Even after this bed in procedure it can take up to 1500 miles before the pads are at their best. In the meantime the pads will be good and safe but true potential not realised".

I would much prefer to do ZManAlex's recommended procedure, and that is more than likely what I end up doing! (This can be found here: http://www.350z-uk.com/index.php?showtopic=18649 )

Just wondering if anyone has any good (or bad) experiences with this pad :thumbs:

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Ive never used the yellowstuff pads before, but on the Celica I always used RedStuff, went through 3 sets of those but I used to change them every year for some reason. The bed in procedure described is exactly what I used every time, is a little disconcerting when they start to smell and//or smoke but just keep with it, and as it says, don't sit with your foot holding the brake pedal down as you will boil the fluids!