Mobile Phone Tariff's

Sarnie

I need pointing in the right direction.

As of 1st May I will be self employed meaning I have to give my work mobile back :dry: It'll be the first time in about 5 yrs that I've had to look for my own phone tariff :blush:

What I need is about 1500 cross network minutes a month. Texts aren't important really maybe just a token couple of hundred thrown in. The handset is not important as I have my own i'll be using. Looking to pay about £75 a month. Is that realistic? Anyone on a similar tariff or know of one? Whats the best network at the moment?

TIA :thumbs:

I need pointing in the right direction.

As of 1st May I will be self employed meaning I have to give my work mobile back :dry: It'll be the first time in about 5 yrs that I've had to look for my own phone tariff :blush:

What I need is about 1500 cross network minutes a month. Texts aren't important really maybe just a token couple of hundred thrown in. The handset is not important as I have my own i'll be using. Looking to pay about £75 a month. Is that realistic? Anyone on a similar tariff or know of one? Whats the best network at the moment?

TIA :thumbs:

Sarnie, just did a quic search.....

Orange offering the Panther plan falls within your price range. They do the one with 1600 for £75 or the 1300 cross network mins for £55

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/yourplan/online

But I would suggest that you look at their business plans maybe? Just an idea as you wil be self employed etc

http://www.business.orange.co.uk/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Business&c=OUKPage&cid=1044131724954

Sarnie I'm on a version of the 02 max plan which the normal price is (iirc) £75. It only gives you 1000mins but the beauty of it is if you don't get through them they roll over for upto 3 months. I absoutely cane my phone constantly and don't get through em, may be worth a look.

Glad you've made the right decision by the way!! :thumbs:

As Jacko suggests get onto the Telcos on a Busniess Plan. Telling them you are self employed will get you preferential rates and also preferential customer services. I told Voda that I was self employed to get the preferential customer support, which is dealt with by Team19 I am told ;) All I know is that there is virtually zero wait to be dealt with :thumbs:

Oh and remember to barter as well. They are open to offers esp if you start telling them that you are thinking of using them or another telco. New customers are very hard to get, they are open to manouver on handsets, free mins etc. Again, when I moved from Orange to Voda, I got an upgraded phone worth £150 extra and another "extra". I beleive you are given around 3 standard and can be used to buy extra minutes and txt or mobile tv etc.

Hunt around.

£0.00 per month and unlimited time and texts - never seen a bill; the joys of a work's phone :thumbs:

Thats what I've had for 4 yrs :blush: Really begrudge paying for calls now :dry:

just give your clients a one ring then let them ring you back , after all your lending them money ;)

Guest prescience
£0.00 per month and unlimited time and texts - never seen a bill; the joys of a work's phone :thumbs:

Thats what I've had for 4 yrs :blush: Really begrudge paying for calls now :dry:

I can imagine - it's a great perk considering the very limited amount of works calls I get clogging it up ;)

just give your clients a one ring then let them ring you back , after all your lending them money ;)

Well my fee's are enough to cover the cost to call them for about 4564 hours straight :lol:

Well my fee's are enough to cover the cost to call them for about 4564 hours straight :lol:

:scare::shutup:

Right, I have just sorted my phone out!!!

Orange

Samsung E900

1200 x-net mins

300 texts

£55 per month

And......

A FREE PS3 :yahoo::yahoo:

Nice, but was the phone free as well? Cos I know that dialaphone are "giving away" PS3s, but you'll need to pay for the phone...

I was gonna suggest something "hot" like an N95 or 8800, and then flogging it on Ebay - that'll pay for the first third of the years' line rental...

Right, I have just sorted my phone out!!!

Orange

Samsung E900

1200 x-net mins

300 texts

£55 per month

And......

A FREE PS3 :yahoo::yahoo:

Nice, but was the phone free as well? Cos I know that dialaphone are "giving away" PS3s, but you'll need to pay for the phone...

I was gonna suggest something "hot" like an N95 or 8800, and then flogging it on Ebay - that'll pay for the first third of the years' line rental...

Yep the phone is free.

You read my mind about the 8800. I wanted that phone but nobody would give me the deal with the PS3 thrown in. I'm gonna sell my current phone and the E900 straight away as I have just bought a 8800 Sirocco on eBay for £276 :yahoo:

I'm self employed and just switched to Orange after being with O2 for the last 7 years. The Orange tariff is significantly cheaper but their customer service is crap. They gave me a dodgy phone - Nokia N73, don't touch one - and I had to tolerate 3 identical replacements, all demonstrating the same faults ( which are well documented on the internet ) before they would give me a different telephone.

In all, it took me over 4 months to get a working handset out of them.

Even now the phone occasionally fails to register on the network and quite often displays missed calls without ever ringing, the caller goes straight to answer phone. My staff call me several times every day when I am out and one missed call can mean a missed deal, the phone bill pales into insignificance when you take that into consideration.

I never had any problems at all with O2 and I wish I had stayed with them.