Noisy fan

AndyC

On the way home from the Wales drive my fan (as in heater/air con etc) started to make quite a bit of what I can only describe as a high pitched whine. It almost sounds like theres a leaf or some paper caught in it (if that makes sense).

Any ideas what its likely to be? And is it easy enough to access so I can check theres nowt there before I run her into the stealer?

I'm reckoning its most likely a bearing?

tia for any help :thumbs:

Definitely not a belt issue guys.

Its sounds like its coming from under the dash, only when you put the fan on (regardless of whether air con on or not) and increases with an increase in fan speed which is why I'm thinking it could be some sort of bearing.

fan is easy to get at............. pull off cover under the dash .... undo a 10mm bolt in the top right hand corner and there it is............... :thumbs:

undo the white cover on the fan and wd40 it...!! :)

Cool, will check that out tonight - thanks Stuey :thumbs:

I have had a A/C noise fan but I can only hear it at high fan speed, and it is a very high frequency noise. I have to have radio off, low vehicle speed (no road noise) , and full fan with 23deg C airflow to screen (100%)

Because it is under very unusual conditions I decided to live with it...but it could be the fan bearing or free play on the fan axle which is causing the blades to touch the casing lightly and cause this noise.

or.......... spray wd down the fan air intake just below the screen.........wiv the fan on full blast :)

wont that just also blast wd40 all round the cabin or windscreen after it been sucked through. Everywhere could be covered in oil