What's my Zed worth for trade in ?

Sylvester

As mentioned in another thread I need to change my Zed for something I can transport my wee girl ( and future sibling ? ). Previous experience in trading in cars has left a bitter taste in my mouth so was wondering if you guys could advise if I am being overly optimistic again...

I know the important thing is the price to change ( ie trade in and discount off RRP ) rather than just the value a dealer will give you for the Zed but it is useful to have an idea what the Zed should be getting.

I have based my valuation of the base car on the Whatcar internet site valuations. Strangely they do not have a value for a 54 plate on the site or in their book for this car so a bit of maths....

My car has 13K miles on it today.

Their value for a 2004 04 plate with 13K is 17,590

Their value for a 2005 05 plate with 13K is 19,610

So taking the middle point for a 2005 54 with 13K I get 18,600

To this I reckon to the following additions for the extras...

Paint Protection ( full armourfend installation) 200

Rays 500

parking sensors 50

Grounding kit ( might take off and resell ) 0

Paint matched front and rear splash guards 50

Alezan leather 150

Tyres ( Toyo T1-Rs with around 1000 miles on them ) 100

Total £19,650

Depreciation is running at £168 per month from the whatcar site numbers so this would need to be factored in if I was to order new replacement with a waiting list of course.

What do you reckon ?

Just got offered £17500 for my 04 GT coupe with 22K on if that helps

Thanks - thats really useful info as I can compare to the Whatcar site.. this says p/ex of £17,310 for that age and mileage so pretty much spot on. So makes me feel comfortable with the number I have calculated for the base.

Of course it depends on what the offer was against... if you are willing to share can you tell me the rest of the deal ( ie car you were trying to buy and how much you got off it ? If you do not wish to share then no probs. If you are willing to just let me know then drop me a pm. Thanks again.

Private sale you will get no more than 17750

Did notice on the whatcar site that the difference between p/ex and private sale was in the region of £600 for cars of around £18K. Of course if someone offered me £600 for nothing I would grab it but once you factor in advertising costs and hassle of selling and potential time differences of selling and buyiung I don't think I would bother selling privately for that much difference....

The people who I bought mine was offered £17850 as a trade in.

Mine is a 2004 ( 04 ) Kuro Black GT with Rays and 16.5 K on the clock.

Hope this helps. :thumbs:

Thanks Jimbo - what car site value for this is £17,485 p/ex - dont think this factors in the Rays so again about right :D